Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purchasing appliances, where?

Posted by JeffB1974 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 8:17

I need all new appliances. Anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase? There is always Lowes type stores but im hoping there is a cheaper option.

Thanks very much

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purchasing appliances, where?

What is your criteria for "cheap"? A $500 range for $300? A 5K range for 3K? Define your parameters as to what you're looking for. In general though, you can always look on Craigslist or Ebay or scratch and dent stores. The first two don't come with warranties, and the latter can be a full time past time to catch deals.

o

Im looking at GE cafe series or equal, so i wasnt referring to cheap appliances. I would just like to find a cheaper price on those appliances.

Is everyone just paying the prices at Lowes, HD or BB?

o

I bought mostly Bosch appliances at AJ Mafison. I got them when Nish had a rebate, and AJ Mafison had an additional rebate. If I compare what I paid to the cost locally with taxes I saved 45%. I bought my fridge at lowes on sale, saved about 35%.

o

Besides the big box and the big retailers, you might consider working a package deal at a smaller retailer. They have more pricing flexibility when they are bundling items together. Many manufacturers have UMRP and other price restrictions on their authorized dealers when you are dealing with the purchase of just a single item.

Floor models and manufacturer's deals are also the way to save big. There are also a few discount retailers nationwide that I think distributors or manufacturers are using to move excess, obsolete inventory or "B" stock. YMMV with these sources.

o

When I want a good price for an appliance, I just type tha exact model and name in a google search and wait for offers of various online vendors. I have gotten some extraordinary ones You must do it for each appliance or you could use one vendors search engine for his price on the others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here