Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvhome_gw

Thoughts on Verona 36' Double Oven Gas Range

luvhome
12 years ago

Hi everyone.

I'm doing a kitchen remodel, and am considering this Verona VEFSGG365D 36" double oven gas range. My main criteria is the ability to bake two things at different temperatures simultaneously, and the fact that for 99% of my cooking/baking needs, a full-size oven is not needed. I'm thinking the smaller ovens would use less energy and heat up faster. But I have two concerns: 1) I have heard next to nothing about this brand, and 2) I don't know if the specs on the ovens seem too low, btu-wise: 13K and 9K. Maybe it's okay, since the ovens are small.

Here are the specs: I would very much appreciate any and all feedback.

Thank you so much!

http://www.totalhomesupply.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VERONA%2DVEFSGG365D

Base Price $3,469.00

Verona VEFSGG365D 36 Inch Double Oven Gas Range with 5 Sealed Burners, 2.4 Cu. Ft. Main Oven and 1.5 Cu. Ft. Secondary Oven. Form and function - this range has it. Beautifully hand-crafted in Italy, with standard features including chrome knobs and handles, two Turbo-Electric convection fans, an infra-red broiler in each oven and a full width storage compartment! You can rest assured that your kitchen will look as good as your food tastes!

Dimensions:

Width: 35 7/8"

Height without Backguard: 35 7/16" - 37 13/32"

Height of Backguard: 8"

Depth: 23 15/16"

Oven Width: 18"

Oven Depth: 16 1/2"

Oven Height: 13 3/4"

Electrical Requirements:

Voltage: 120 Volts

Amps: 60 Hz. 15 Amps

Weight: 275 lbs.

Features

304 Stainless Steel*

Chrome knobs and handles

Porcelainized cast-iron grates and caps

Electronic ignition

Cooktop Features:

5 Sealed Burners:

Left Front: 12,000 BTUs

Right Front: 12,000 BTUs

Center: 1,000-16,000 BTUs

Left Rear: 6,000 BTUs

Right Rear: 6,000 BTUs

Oven Features

Main oven:

Capacity: 2.4 Cu. Ft.

Convection fan

Closed door broil

Broiler: Infra-red

Broiler power: 8,500

Oven power: 13,000

2 heavy duty oven racks

Broiler pan

EZ clean porcelain oven surface

Secondary oven:

Capacity: 1.5 Cu. Ft.

Convection fan

Closed door broil

Broiler: Infra-red

Broiler power: 8,500

Oven power: 9,000

2 heavy duty oven racks

Broiler (grill) pan

EZ clean porcelain oven surface

Digital clock and timer

Full width storage compartment

Adjustable stainless steel legs

Accessories:

Broiler pan

Broiler (grill) pan

Cast iron wok ring

LP kit included

Island trim (optional - sold separately)

Comments (29)

• AnneRR
    12 years ago

Hi Luvhome,

Your search sounds like mine: 2 ovens, but not 2 full-sized ovens. Like you, we want the flexibility to cook two things at different temperatures -- and have the extra cooking space for large gatherings. What have you learned about the Verona? It seems to meet my needs, but I'd like to know more.

• spip911_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Hi. Have you learned anything about this range? I also am interested in it but have not been able to find any info from people who actually have it. Have you had any luck?

• sskit
    12 years ago

I considered this but felt that 2 small ovens would not fit our needs. 18" ovens are very small.

• chaparral
    12 years ago

I'm also considering this. Here's the manufacturer's link:

http://www.veronaappliances.com/productdetailspage.php?pid=339

Anyone have any experience with this model or brand?

Thanks!

• chaparral
    12 years ago

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if the range is made for Verona by Fisher & Paykel (or vice versa)

The manuals for the Fisher Paykel:

http://www.fisherpaykel.com//admin/pdfs/pdf_usecares/599397AOR36LDBGXugmUSCAw.pdf

and Verona:

http://eurochefusa.com/photos/p/660.pdf

are pretty much identical.

So apart from the controls, styling and colors, I would bet that the two function pretty much the same. There are several reviews of the FP on AJMadison's site.

• chaparral
    12 years ago

Oops-- it appears that the oven for the Verona is electric and the FP's oven is gas. So not the same model-- but perhaps the same cooktop.

• sskit
    12 years ago

I considered this also but ovens too small.

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Does anyone have this Verona double oven? I just bought one on a whim which is very unlike me. Verona VEFSGG365D 36" double oven gas range.

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    12 years ago

Dilly, I don't have one but would love a report once you've used it!

• _sophiewheeler
    12 years ago

Two too small ovens means you can't cook anything large. No turkeys, only chickens. BTU's are too low to get a good sear. No good stir frys. It's all about looks, not function. You can get higher BTU's and two ovens in a 30" GE range.

$2159 on sale at HD

Or there's the $3059 Cafe with the smaller oven on top and the controls on the front.

• BamChavez
    11 years ago

Was wondering about the few who mentioned they bought this Verona- posted last year-- any updates? love it? hate it? I'm shopping for a dual fuel range and the Verona meets my depth limitation of 25". Thanks for any info!

• dodge59
    11 years ago

Eurostoves, (Trevor) carries the Verona Stoves.

Nobody better than Trevor to give you "Factual Information" about the Veronas.

To me , the stove seems a bit "Anemic", the burners and especially the broiler. That is really a low output for a broiler and indeed it may set the record for a low power broiler but maybe you can simmer on it?

Here's the Link to Eurostoves and the Verona.

Here is a link that might be useful: Eurostoves & Verona

• springplanter
    11 years ago

AGA has an oven which you can divide in two. Sounds rare, but interesting

• Linda
    11 years ago

Hi: I am also considering the Verona now. Verona makes a Single Oven Model too. I like the idea of 2 ovens, but want to be able to fit larger pans or cookie sheets: 36" Pro-style, Model VEFSGEL65S Dual Fuel Range, which looks like the professional ranges. I actually like the looks of it a little better. I asked a local store about it. they said it was a good range, but they are selling it. There isn't much written about it on line. Does anyone have one to give a review?

• sssiwek
    10 years ago

Dilly_NY how are you liking your Verona dual oven? I'm at that same decision point. Considered all the others and want two ovens without having to lift a turkey off the floor (the GE Cafe/Maytag/Whirlpool/Kitchen-Aid stacked ovens)! Have considered the dual fuel Cafe that puts a full-sz oven above a warming drawer that will cook (up to 450 degrees) but then I saw this Verona... but can't find a review to get a feel for how it performs in the home.

• sixkeys
    10 years ago

Also considering this range....but there is a lack of consumer information! Definitely worried about the size of the ovens and the low BTUs.

• westsider40
    10 years ago

You should also consider the slow preheat for baking. Electric ovens often have a fast preheat feature. It depends on how long you want to heat your ovens before you can use them for baking. Fast preheat is important to me. One of many features of import.

Even baking.

Convection bake, convection broil, convection roast.

Good, powerful broiler.

Cool outside oven. Good insulation will heat up your kitchen less.

Self clean.
    These are a few of my favorite things. Investigate before you buy.

• oaklandjane
    10 years ago

im curious as to whether any more information on verona 36 inch range is out there. has anyone purchased one?

• alizarge
    9 years ago

I'm also curious. About to pull the trigger on my range.

• AprilM119
    9 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking at this oven. What did you choose for the backsplash? I'm told I can choose the island trim even though it's not in an island and it will be flush in the back. That looks better to me. Or we can choose the 8" backspash - more practical but won't look as good. They are telling me the other trims will increase the depth by 1 7/8". Not good. This is confusing. Can anyone shed some light on the trims? Thanks!

• terrimac53
    8 years ago

I find that my burners on the Verona burn higher the fire goes beyond most of my pans . Is that the way it is supposed to be or do I need to have the gas regulated.? It seem that the low setting on the Verona was my high setting on my GE ,old stove.

• yosharpe
    8 years ago

Terrimac53, I just started using my Verona & had the same issue. When you ignite & turn to high, you can then turn back Counterclockwise to get that lower fire. Works great once you know that trick.

• HU-50993
    7 years ago

We have had the Verona 36 inch double oven with 5 gas burners for a few years now. I really like the option of having 2 ovens and while I don't always use both, it is really handy when you need it. I have not had issues with food not fitting in the smaller sized oven (or maybe I am used to compensating for it). Pros are that I like the way it looks and its compact design. I like the different options to use regular bake, convection, etc. Some cons: I had to buy new pans that will fit into the smaller ovens (not a big deal but just something to think about). By far the most annoying thing with the ovens is their preheat time. I used to have a GE that probably took 5-10 minutes? This thing takes about 20 minutes to preheat. Its very very annoying and I find I have to plan around this preheat time all the time. Same with broiling. You may spend 20 minutes to get the broil up to temp and only 5 minutes broiling.

If it had to do it all over again I might actually go for the GE just to get over this preheat issue.

• sixkeys
    7 years ago

Funny that this thread popped up. The big oven on ours just died - won't heat at all. We called Verona and they had us try a few things that didn't work. We have a service call and hopefully it isn't too expensive to fix. I understand things break, but I have never had to fix an oven - ever.

• Liza M
    5 years ago

Sixkeys - what happened with your repair?

And @brinkly10 - you were able to cook a 25 pound turkey in the larger side of the oven? I read a post earlier that nothing over 12 pounds would fit. I'm about to pull the trigger on a stove purchase and considering this as one of the options. Thanks!!

• Tami C
    5 years ago

Hi all, we have already purchased this oven...waiting for it to arrive! Very excited to have side by side double oven. Don't mind that the ovens are smaller as we don't cook huge meals all the time.

How are the Verona owners liking their ovens? Do you find the smaller ovens to bother you? Any others with temperature or pre-heating issues?

I think the main thing I would be concered over is the top scratching over use? Anyone have protectors?

Thank you for any advice!

• HU-8306245
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Tami, just found your comment. How do you like your double ovens? Is the larger one big enough to do a large turkey? I would use the smaller oven for side dishes during holidays, but I want to make sure the bigger oven is big enough. Thx

• HU-71345156
    last year

I am also looking at the Verona 36" double oven range. I see they make a dual-fuel version, so the oven is electric, with 2400watts in the main oven, and 1500watts in the second oven. Would this deal with the low-power issue of the gas oven? If I open the oven door to check on something I want the oven to get back to temperature quickly. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

https://veronaappliances.com/ranges/36-inch-prestige-dual-fuel-double-oven