Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Comparable CD Fridge to Jenn-Air?

Posted by ahess6488 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 7:45

Hi,

We've been shopping around for a CD Fridge, and have the Jenn-Air 72"H model in our sights.

Any other models that we should be looking? The price point is guiding us (this is part of a reno, so we aren't restricted by width or height). What we like about it is having the water dispenser on the inside and an option for the floating glass white which we may opt for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jenn-Air CD Fridge

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Comparable CD Fridge to Jenn-Air?

Based on prior reports (here and at Yale Appliance's blog), this fridge is substantially similar to models offered by KitchenAid and Viking. They basically have the same mechanicals but different skins/fittings. KA has a standard white, but the Viking is only in SS. (I have the prior model of the Viking Pro).

o
RE: Comparable CD Fridge to Jenn-Air?

I have that fridge in floating glass white. I love it! Have had it about 2.5 years I think. If you google problems with a Whirlpool sister to that fridge, you will see that the Whirlpool (makes JA) has trouble with something freezing in the back and causing leaking on the floor. My Whirlpool sister fridge in my garage is about a year old and it hasn't had a problem, but my JennAir had the exact problem about a year ago. My husband fixed it (you can find the fix on the internet) and no more problems. I love the fridge. Love the water on the inside. Love the color and the height too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here