Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American Range

Posted by crookid (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 12 at 7:13

Does anyone have any experiences with this range. I am looking at 3 different 36 inch gas models. Any input will be helpful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: American Range

Yes, I have the 36 inch gas AR. I've had it for a couple of years and generally like it. My main issue is that it doesn't simmer at all....

o

I have a Performer on order, should be here in a couple of weeks. I'll post feedback then.

o

A friend of mine has the Heritage model, and she likes it. It has various sized burners and they can be adjusted lower like most gas burners- remove the knob-adjust the simmer screw and set the air shutter if necc.

The Heritage has open burners and is slightly fancier than the other 2 gas models they sell. The Performer is the new 'open burner' model that people are excited about.

o

The Heritage has sealed burners.

The Performer Series has open burners.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o

Here's a link to the Performer Series.

Am interested to hear deegeaux's opinion of A.R. @ some point. Thanks in advance for your appliance-knowledge sharing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link:

o

vickimp - why won't the range simmer? Which model do you have? Is the outside of the range very hot when using the oven?

o

I'm considering a 30" American Heritage range, I would like to know if the outside of the oven gets hot. It has a "simmer" burner at 9000 btus, is this too hot for a simmer burner?

o

9000 BTU's is only when that small burner is on High. When it's on the lowest setting, it's quite low enough. I do think the outside of the oven gets warm- really it depends on how long the oven is on and at what temperature.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here