Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thadius856_gw

Choosing a 30' Convection Range -- help!

thadius856
11 years ago

Looking to replace my range in the near future. Have about 28% discount at Lowe's between mover's discount and a giftcard deal where I bought at 20% off a little while back, so I prefer to buy there (but willing to buy elsewhere).

Wish I could get a slide-in 36" model, but am in the sub-$2000 range (budgeted $1000) and this might become a rental in a few years so that's not going to happen. Realistically, I'm looking towards a 30" freestanding convection model in stainless with good all-around performance. Continuous grates are practically a must for aesthetics, and I like most other features, but nothing else is an absolute necessity.

Looking at the Frigidaire Professional LPGF3091KS model right now. Multi-fan euro convection, plenty of glide racks and different levels, a split rack, and a dual-ring 17k BTU burner. About $906 after discounts.

Reviews are mixed, but I did expect that from a B&M store's website (happy customers are even less apt to submit a positive review online then if it was from an online retailer like Amazon).

Is this a good choice? Have I missed something? Are there better models available in this price range? Very lost, even after compiling a huge spreadsheet of 35 different models!

Comment (1)