Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
soonermagicmama

Wolf Range: Dual Fuel versus All Gas?

soonermagicmama
9 years ago

I'm getting very close to making our appliance selections for a reno at a new-to-us home and am stuck at All Gas versus Dual Fuel on the range. [cooktop w wall ovens NOT an option]. I've searched and read a number of posts on this forum, but nothing is directly on point. Your thoughts/input/experience are greatly appreciated!

Currently have all gas Bertazzoni. Have not loved the gas oven. Hard to ignite. Heats up entire kitchen. Temperature is never, never, ever precise. Even using the convection fan, baking is not even. I'd say difficult to clean, but--confession--I've only cleaned it once in 7 years.

I have no reason to believe it's a real comparison for me to think the Wolf AG will perform the same as the Berta AG. But my experience with the Berta AG is making me hesitant on the Wolf AG.

I drove 3 hours to nearest SZ/W showroom and forgot to test what it's like to ignite the AG oven. Burners were an ease/joy to ignite ... made me so happy I giggled (b/c so much easier than the Berta). Anyone have anything to say about ease of igniting Wolf AG oven?

Wolf DF blue enamel issue has me very hesitant of DF. I've read a lot about this, so no need to comment further on this issue, unless someone has evidence that the issue has been resolved in the newest models.

Ability to dial in precise temperature on DF oven seems like a dream compared to how difficult it is to get to correct temperature in the Berta AG.

Two convection fans in the DF leads me to assume more even baking than one convection fan in the AG ... but I read one remark in the midst of another post that an AG Wolf user has experienced beautiful results with perfectly even baking.

In short, someone please tell me it's OK to not let my AG Berta experience lead me upgrade to a Wolf DF over a Wolf AG, without any fact-based evidence that the Wolf AG will be remotely similar an experience to the Berta AG.

Comments (7)