Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
babyraccoon_gw

Double Wall Ovens

babyraccoon
10 years ago

Hi all,

I'm seeking advice on my selection of double wall ovens for a forthcoming remodel in Ireland:

1) I want two wall ovens but for cost considerations will probably be limited to getting a double unit rather than two singles. For the moment I've also decided against one regular oven and one combi-steam, partly for cost reasons and partly because I'm not convinced I'll use the unique features of a combi-steam.

2) Most important to me is performance in terms of even and accurate heat, and a 30" width. I'm looking at high-end brands for this reason. Gaggenau and Wolf are the main contenders at the moment, and I've considered Miele, but I gather that people like it mostly because of the MasterChef programmes, which isn't important to me.

My questions: Should I give Miele a second look? Any votes for Gaggenau or Wolf (it's the E-series that are available here)?

It looks like Wolf would be most expensive and possibly a bit of a stretch, followed by Gaggenau and then Miele. I'm currently leaning towards Gaggenau for the positive performance reviews and the side-opening doors (and the look - they're gorgeous), and the fact that they would be doable cost-wise. I'd be grateful for any advice or user feedback.

Thank you very much!

Comments (2)