Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FP dishdrawer problem

Posted by jgopp (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 19, 12 at 1:36

Okay so lately I've noticed that when I run a load of dishes in my FP dishdrawer... I'll empty it right after the cycle is over and the drawer is still warm... I find the detergent bin will not open without me using a knife or something to pry it open with. I have no problem opening it when the drawer is cool.

I am wondering if their are other owners with this problem. I was thinking about maybe shaving down a bit off the top of the bin to maybe aide it in opening.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FP dishdrawer problem

There's nothing heat-related on the design and function of the detergent dispenser. It's spring-loaded to open unless the latch (which also has a spring) is holding it closed. There is a mechanical diverter mechanism that routes the incoming fill flow to flush through the prewash cup or the main wash cup but the mechanism is outside the dispenser area so does not contact the cups or present a potential obstruction.

The bin will open further down by gently squeezing the sides of the cups. You could check if anything seems broken up in there or possibly related to the issue you're having, but that seems unlikely.

o

Just curious - why do you want to open the detergent bin after the load has finished and the unit is still warm?? Doing another load? If so, how long does it take for the unit to cool off enough for it to open without resorting to the knife?

Have to say, I've never had this problem with mine, but then, I've never tried to open the bin unless I was ready to run a new load!

Just curious....

o

Never had a problem. Maybe you got a gummy batch of detergent?

Do you use two drawers? If so do you use them evenly and they're both doing it?

o

I have had mine 8 months with zero issues ....Are you using the proper detergent ...Also once a month , I run a a load of
Glisten Cleaner http://www.amazon.com/Harold-Import-Company-Inc-9012/dp/B000GLRF2E this product will keep you DD sparkling inside and cleans any soap scum build up ....

o

burnt: I am usually running it one load after the other which means the drawer is still fairly warm. It probably goes back to normal within an hour or so.

fori: yeah I use both drawers, they both have this problem.

o

jgpopp, does pouring cold water over it make it easy to open?

o

I have not tried that, but I will next time and see.

o

And while you're at it, try running without detergent and see if it's still sticky.

(No, really. I'm not just assigning busy work!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here