Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is stove required to close on a house?

Posted by 135deepa (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 1:36

We are building new house through builder. The appliance options builder has are whirlpool, kitchen aid, jenn air. But we want to do subzero Wolf appliances after closing.

Is the stove required to close on the house? We are putting 25-30 % down on 15-30 yr loan ( not decided yet on 15 or 30 year term)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is stove required to close on a house?

Can't tell you about a new house, but my inspector for my whole house reno required that my rangetop be installed for final inspection before we moved back into the house.

o

A bank will not sign off on a loan on an uninhabitable nor an unmarketable/unsaleable home (unless they are unaware of it). And a home without a functioning kitchen is not habitable.

David

o

Usually, best to get the cheapest, standard appliances the builder gives you, and buy the upgrades yourself and put the builder appliances on craigslist. Builders usually charge an arm an a leg for appliance upgrades, and this one obviously has some sort of contract with Whirlpool (which makes about a dozen other brands including Maytag, Jenn-Air, and Kitchenaid), so they'll probably have to pay more to get SZ/Wolf. But you can ask.

Do verity that the appliances you want will fit in your space; or will if you remove a cabinet or two.

o

In our area, you can close on a house without a range, refrigerator, and sometimes even a dishwasher. Another option is to have the builder credit you the appliance allowance and you just take care of it yourself either before or after you get the CO and before the bank's final inspection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here