Option#1 Bosch SHV45M03UC w/custom panel $899.00

Option#2 Bosch SHX33MO5UC Stainless stl $709.00

Kitchen Fridge: Subzero 632S stainless stl

Butler's Pantry Dishwshr (choose one):

Option#1 Bosch SHV45M03UC w/custom panel $899.00

Option#2 Bosch SHX33MO5UC Stainless stl $709.00

Butler's Pantry Ice Maker: U-Line BI98B-00 $899.00

Bar Fridge: GE Mono ZIFI240PII 24" all fridge: $1289

Outdoor/Summer kitchen grill: GE Monog. ZGG36N31SS stainless with rotisserie. $2636

Outdoor Range Hood: INDEPENDENT PMLSS-46-SS (same as kitchen) 1200cfm $999

Please give your thoughts. The reason we like the GE monogram wall oven and microwave combo together is because they it is the best looking wall oven/wall microwv set we have seen. Both match and have tubular handles. Also want opinions on Bar Ice Maker. I was told Ice Makers tend to break down because of the 24/7 operation. I have also heard that the way they can make clear ice is by not frosting the ice. I heard the ice is made, and it is stored in a bin, like an igloo container. It then melts away in the drain. It seems to be a very water wasteful device. The Uline model quoted apparently stops producing ice when the bin is full and keeps ice frozen, so no wasteage. Ice is not clear though. Do you think we can save the $200 in going with the cheaper Bosch dishwshr in the butlers pantry? Also, please suggest an outdoor venthood, i do not think we would need 1200cfm power outdoors. What are your thoughts on the Sub Zero 632S refridgerator? It is the standard, 48" no water dispenser. We thought the water dispensers ruin the look of the fridge.

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• cpccarolyn_2008
    15 years ago

I think the price for your wolf rangetop is high. I am getting the same (sealed burners) for $3500.

• zoenipp
    15 years ago

I think the OP is installing a range, not a rangetop? I have the Wolf AG 36" 6-burner range which I ordered two years ago for $4800 so this is probably a good price taking into account price increases and the griddle. I love my range, BTW. I also have an Independent hood (Connoisseur 42-inch with 1400 cfm external blower) and I paid well over $2K for it so I think you're getting a good price on the range hood. Interestingly enough, I also have the Monogram ZET wall oven paired with a Monogram Advantium 120 as well. Yes, they look very nice together and I've been very pleased with both. I am glad I went with Subzero for the fridge; I've had Monogram and KA built-ins in previous homes and really do prefer the Subzero. All of these are choices I would make again. Can't help you on the rest - we have a KA DW and a simpler setup outdoors . . . We do have a commercial Scotsman icemaker in our basement (my DH's idea) which makes crushed ice; we love the ice but it's loud, inefficient in terms of water and energy use, and has to be cleaned of mineral deposits, etc., periodically.

• friedajune
    15 years ago

Quick question - why is the range hood 46"? A 42" hood would be enough (i.e. providing 3" overhang on each side of the range). You could save a little money perhaps with a 42" hood, and also aesthetically, the 42" hood may look more in proportion over your 36" range.

• olchik
    15 years ago

I myself am interested in the monogram oven, but from what I understand, the really nice ones are the ZET1 and ZET2, not ZET938 - loud fan, convection hatbox protruding into the oven cavity, no gliding racks

• overlyoptimistic
    15 years ago

In terms of the outdoor range hood, I have no idea what your set up will look like, but what about the MN 4000? There is only one model, but Mother Nature provides a lifetime guarantee on the finish-- just no guarantee on the CFM.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• luvmyguys
    15 years ago

We've been looking at the same Monogram oven/Advantium (haven't purchased yet). If you like the looks of the ZET938 oven, you might want to check out the new ZET1RMSS. I think it costs a little more, but has the full extension gliding racks. It looks very similar to the ZET938 except it has an LCD touch control. There are a few other differences too, but I really love those racks!

• dt1234
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. The more feedback the better, esp. for the dishwasher and ice maker questions...

zoenipp: I'm glad you like the purchases, esp. considering we have a lot of the similar things. the 36" Range is the stove and 1 oven, all gas. I have heard from sales people that electric ovens can cook better, but I see on this website all gas seems to be fairly common. We will have one all gas and the monogram of course is electric.

I will update the oven to the ZET series if it is better. Price is not really a major concern. If wolf, Dacor, DCS, or another fancier-than-GE brand made a good microwave/oven combo, i would have gone for that.

akchicago: I will check with the designer if she suggest 42". I do know that we are having a plastered range hood, the home is mediterranean, and we will have the hood hidden behind the stucco giving it a more traditional look.

• dt1234
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Zoenipp: does the 1400cfm external blower make a lot of noise?

we are getting 1200 cfm. is that strong enough you think for cooking with a lot of spices?

• breezy_2
    15 years ago

I can only speak to a few but all look like TOL choices.

Wolf 36 - you can't spend less only more but rarely. The price control and competition on these are so tight that when I was shopping, I priced Wolf appliances from LA to Atlanta and not $1 difference! I might throw in a thought and that a grill instead of a griddle can be more functional. In my decision making process, I was going with neither. Since my unit was 60 inches (not Wolf in the end though), everyone said 10 burners is boring so I started the process of deciding grill vs griddle. In the end, the recommendation was grill and buy a griddle plate separately and have the best of both. I did and love it. Although I have yet to actually buy the griddle plate, I have identified a couple that will work perfectly. I thought I would use a griddle much more than a grill but as mentioned, I have yet to actually get the griddle plate but we use the grill at least once a week on average. Either way though, you will love the Wolf unit.

Independent Hood - Great looking hood and Independent is a leader in the field. I have to say that the Wolf pro wall hood w/heat lamps is very good looking too! Good choice on size and CFM's and yes, 1,200 is enough but 1,400 is likely not much more and even better. The main advantage is oversizing the capture area as you have. That will be key. I assume with the 1,200 or 1,400, either are remote? Generally, remote is much quieter than internal but the duct run will have a lot to do with it. If the remote unit is only a few feet away, I am told you get little noise reduction. My hood is 2,500 CFMs with about a 20 foot run to the roof. It is significantly quieter on high than my last 900 CFM internal blower hood was on low (It was the Wolf but it was the internal blower that made it loud, not the fact it was Wolf).

I did read the comment about a 42 inch instead of 46 inch hood and 42 would be fine but like CFM's 46 is even better. I have a 60 inch range with a 72 inch capture area and love the performance. Not a waft of vapor escapes that enclosure. Like the CFMs, in some cases more is better and not much more$$$. My set up was rated for 2000 CFMs but the 2500 CFM was only $250 more and I have it when I need it. This way, I rarely run my hood over 1/2 speed making super quiet.

Don't know about the specific model of Bosch. We have the SHV99A13UC/46 with integrated front panel. They have a small laser light that shines on the floor so you can tell when it is on; otherwise, you CANNOT hear it standing right next to it. As to performance, it works great! Much better than the dish drawers in our last house.

Your SZ - as to price, the same comments as Wolf. As to performance, I don't know but ours is the 736 TC and not impressed so far. Six months old and constant error codes and repair visits.

As for the others, given your other choices, I am sure they are quite well thought out.