Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellyh_2010

Electrolux Icon Professional Range Top?

kellyh_2010
10 years ago

Hello,
We are just starting a kitchen/house addition and I have spent hours reading through the postings about appliances (Thank you!).

We are trying to balance budget and value. We live in a very expensive area but in a more modest house. I've been having a hard time finding the mid-range of products. We enjoy entertaining and cooking but also have kids and busy lives so at least for the next 10+ years, I'm not sure we will appreciate the fine nuances between different range tops.

Does anyone have the Electrolux Icon Professional Range Top? I've read positive things about the ovens and refrigerators but I can't find anything about their gas ranges or range tops (which we want). The initial online pricing I've seen is around $2600.

I understand the difference between open and sealed burners and there seems to be a cluster of both at the top of the range between $3400-4000 but what would be considered the "best" under $3000 or is it even worth it?

Thanks for your help!

Comments (5)

• FmrQuahog
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I sure hope you receive some feedback, Kelly, since we are seriously considering the same rangetop for our new build!
    "bump"

• crazedandconfused
    10 years ago

Hi kellyh_2010,

I'm scrolling GW looking for reviews on the Electrolux Icon 36" gas cooktop and can't seem to find much. Found your post and was wondering if a.) you either purchased the Icon cooktop and, if not, what you decided to go with, and b.) what your thoughts are. We are also starting a full kitchen renovation and are seriously considering going with model # E36GC76GPS but hoping for some user reviews.

Thanks in advance!!

• crazedandconfused
    10 years ago

Hi kellyh_2010,

I'm scrolling GW looking for reviews on the Electrolux Icon 36" gas cooktop and can't seem to find much. Found your post and was wondering if a.) you either purchased the Icon cooktop and, if not, what you decided to go with, and b.) what your thoughts are. We are also starting a full kitchen renovation and are seriously considering going with model # E36GC76GPS but hoping for some user reviews.

Thanks in advance!!

• kellyh_2010
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi,
    We decided against it because we really did not like the grates. My husband especially did not like them. We are going with a Wolf AG range. We were waffling between the range top and a range and decided to go with the gas range and a steam combi oven. I didn't receive any feedback on it which surprised me because it seems like a good midrange product.

Good luck :)

• Patticakes13
    10 years ago

I recently had to replace my kitchenaid Superba range/convection with temp. probe of 15 years that I loved. One of the things I loved about this KA was that after 15 years the stovetop - black ceramic glass, looked brand new and it was easy to clean. Shopping for a new range became a challenge since all the ranges having the features I wanted were all stainless steel, and I felt that it would be a PIA to clean stainless around the burner area. I didn't mind some stainless just not in the burner area- I wanted my black ceramic glass.
    I was happily surprised when a friend gave me a used KA Superba electric double oven with temp. Probe! It was miraculous. We had to hire an electrician to add electrical since my former KA had been gas. The cabinet was even included. Doors don't match (a separate challenge I'm dealing with)
    So now I only needed a cooktop. I looked at Viking DS and am so glad I held out and purchased my pro style electrolux gas range top e36gc76gps.

There were some challenges along the way as we are DIY kind of people. Such as a 36 inch stove does not fit into a 36 inch cabinet because the actual size of the inside of the cabinet is 35 5/8. So we had (my husband, I did the research) to do some altering. In order for the rangetop to go into this particular cabinet and have operable drawers. The sides of the cabinet had to be cut out. The front piece on the cabinet had to be moved and used as a reinforcer for rangetop weight, plus he added more reinforcement.

I love to cook and entertain but it is not in the budget to do a whole kitchen remodel. So I needed to match the new cabinet (to go where my old range was) with my existing cabinets. I searched and searched. Custom cabinet quote was $580.00. I found a 36 inch stovetop cabinet with 2 big drawers for my pots and pans at IKea for way less. I forgot how much, $230.00 or so.

Now that my pro style Electrolux Icon 36 inch gas Pro range top is installed and working I love it. It was worth the challenges of these DIYers. I would recommend this rangetop to anyone that loves to cook, and wants a pro looking range top that looks great. It is easy to clean (got my black ceramic glass). Powerful 2 -18,000 btu double sealed burners, 1 -14,000. 1-13,000. 1-9500 and 1-5000. All burners are sealed and have the added drip plates which makes clean-up a breeze. Pretty sure I got the spec numbers right, going by memory. Accesories included were: a griddle/grill combination, a wok rim, and a simmer plate. The grates and accesories are all heavy duty. My K.A grates were as well. But when I was shopping I noticed some of the grates on other brands felt like toys- thin and light.

My kitchen is still a work in progress, I still need to add the back-splash and stainless filler piece on the back of the rangetop. But here are some photos.

Also - does anyone have any ideas where I can get some cabinet doors, and drawer front for my double oven cabinet to match the rest of my kitchen (most economically, with a son at MSU cannot get too crazy with this kitchen facelift!)

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.