Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noopd

Miele Combi steam oven owners' thread

noopd
10 years ago

Hey, I just got mine installed and I'm pretty excited about it. My initial impression is great. I'm hoping to exchange some of my experience, tips and recipes here with other combi oven owners (miele or other brands). So feel free to chime in anytime.

Initial impression:
Build quality:Pretty solid. One may worry about the motorized panel but everything feels pretty solid to me.

Steam: works great. doesn't take too long for preheat (about 3 mins) to 100C.

Convection: haven't tried it too much yet but looks great and there are plenty of options. Bake, Several convection mode, and several broiler mode. There is also a special "cake" mode

Combi: setting can customized different moisture level (ie 60%) this is something gaganeau can do also. Can also program in many steps, like convection at 300F for 10mins with 60% moisture, steam for 10 mins, and broil for 10 mins.. etc.. you get the idea.

Menu setting: the menu is pretty extensive like i said, there are many different "mode" for steaming and baking.

Reheat: default reheat is set at 60% moisture with convection oven set at 265F. . pretty cool

Gourmet setting: there are several (about 5) "Gourmet" program with a recipe provided. There is Gourmet ribs, Gourmet chicken, Gourmet salmon.etc You just follow the recipe and punch the button and it does the rest. these are mainly roasting recipes with adding moisture.

Auto setting: this gets crazy cuz there are LOTS of auto setting for everything. You can scroll through a menu of vegetables, and it will list all vegetables, (asparagus, broccoli, carrots, onion.. etc), and all different kinds of meat and seafood and different kinds of fishes. it's kinda similar to the Masterchef programs in their regular oven, just a ton more choices, esp for veggies and seafood.

Cleanup: I was told by someone who had the "Steam" oven that it has a lot less water in the oven when done (after steaming). There is a drain on the bottom so most of the water will drain out. However, for some reason, the oven floor is flat right around the drain so there will still be some water there you want to wipe off. I don't know why they can't just slope the floor all the way to the drain. Each time after you use the oven, the oven run a rinse cycle (about 10 mins) to rinse the internal ducts so you don't have to worry about "flavored" juices staying in the oven.

Other functions: In the manual, it also different settings for proofing, defrosting, canning, making jam, decrystalisng honey, making yogurt, melting chocolate, even heating up a damp towel etc... i haven't tried those yet.

This post was edited by noopd on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 0:07

Comments (506)

• John Public
    2 years ago

David- absolutely correct and I walked into many a house where all I did was flip the drain filter over! LOL! I too thought it counter-intuitive until I realized it's a filter to stop large bits getting into the drain. Now the domed appearance makes sense.

As for the drainage, depending on your model there may be an option to use the external drain hose provided to have the unit drain into a standpipe. Not all models allow this. Most have a condensate container that gets emptied as needed (you're prompted) or at the end of cooking. I believe the TOL model that's plumbed does not have a condensate (used water) container at all and needs to have a standpipe or other accommodation. Be sure you check the specs for the one you're looking for.

• Lynne
    2 years ago

What is the best way to clean the inside of the combi steam? I've tried the Miele spray and it doesn't seem to do anything.

• dredfunk
    2 years ago

Yes, we also bought the Miele steam oven spray, and it does clean some, but not much. We’ve stopped roasting chicken as this was particularly hard to clean after. The automatic soaking program has helped some, then drying afterwards.

• alishaes
    2 years ago

The spray also did not work for me. I've found if I apply a light baking soda/vinegar paste and then run the soak or a low heat steam program the residue will come off with a soft sponge. It takes a little elbow grease, but my oven looks brand new again (and I use my combi to roast prime rib/chicken/etc...). There has been no damage to the finish on the oven. I do it a couple of times a year.

• rych
    2 years ago

a lot of people swear by the Easy-Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner Spray. I've not tried it myself yet, so I don't know how effective it is. use it at your own risk.

• TXGuy
    2 years ago

Question for all of you happy Miele CSO owners -- do you really clean and dry the oven after each use like Miele suggests in the manual? I am looking at the Gaggenau because that isn't a requirement with their unit, but I just found out the price and it was a bit higher than I was expecting so I am re-examining the Miele XXL plumbed unit.

• M
    2 years ago

I usually just wipe it with a damp cloth and then let it dry all the rest. It does leave some amount of stains on the floor that way. But I am not really bothered by that. It's a tool. If it doesn't look as it if came fresh from the factory, that's OK by me.

• schmip
    2 years ago

For me, to clean: Wipe it down after anything remotely dicey is cooked in there (that includes steaming potatoes with skin on it) and use a universal tray as a drip pan. Sometimes, I will use soap on the cloth. If there are spots, I too run a medium temp steam cycle for 20 min or so. Then spray on the DG Clean and let it sit for at least 30 min. Then scrub it down (not using anything stronger than one of those blue sponge things) and run another steam cycle. Scrub it again. That usually does a decent job. I try to run the rinse cycle once a day but I never use the dry feature. I just leave the door ajar. To clean the top under the broiler, I use a toothbrush or one of those bottle brush things. Mine has some black discoloration on the bottom of the oven. Not grease, but I don't really know what it is. Otherwise, the insider of the oven looks reasonably good. I use it constantly, but if I know that I'm cooking something messy that I'm not going to use steam on - I pop it in the convection, which has a great self clean. I've been told by a rep that we can leave the flexi clips in the convection oven during the self clean, but when I did that, I did not like how they came out at all. I wish I hadn't done that. The rack and the siderails though did great in self clean mode. But in the combi - I do cook things that make a mess. My teenage son really loves the hamburgers in the combi.

• Lynne
    2 years ago

@TXGuy I just use the automatic rinse and don't clean it after every use. Maybe I should! Mine looks quite dirty inside and I find the Miele spray completely useless. I wish it had a better self clean option. I'm going to try some other things, but am resigned to the fact that it will just look dirty. (see my post from the other day)

• TXGuy
    2 years ago

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I don't mind needing to periodically clean, but the instructions in the Miele manual to wipe the steam out of the oven after every use give me pause. I'm trying to be realistic -- I'm not going to do that...it's just not me. I am more of a "immediately go from cooking to eating, with cleanup the next day" kind of guy.

• Lynne
    2 years ago

@TXGuy so am I. Cannot be bothered to have to "baby" an appliance. My works great and so far have no issues beyond cosmetic ones.

• TXGuy
    2 years ago

@Lynne Glad I'm not alone :) I'm looking at the Miele offerings now and it looks like I'm going to have the same aesthetic challenges pairing it side by side with a regular convection oven that I would have with the Gaggenau since Miele only offers the CSO in 24" and the height doesn't match up with a regular convection oven. Maybe they have some kind of trim kit I'm not seeing.

• John Public
    2 years ago

TXguy and others... former Miele tech here. There is a trim kit for width, but I'm not aware of one for height unless it was very recently released. Check the XXL model, but I think it'll still be lacking in height. Can you do over/under instead of side-by-side?

As far as cleaning, if you don't follow the directions in the manual and all that, expect that you won't have a sparkling new-looking CSO when company comes over. The soak helps. Remember that any "chemical" you use to clean will be steamed into your food unless it's 100% rinsed! I use baking soda/vinegar with a Dobie pad when needed, but for crying out loud... it's an oven! AFAIC it doesn't need to be showroom clean. **If you don't use the drying function after using steam (should), at least heat the oven up a bit and leave the door open afterwards!

Wiping out anything you can after dinner while the CSO is still warm is always a very good idea. Do I do it? Not always. Does mine (either of them) look showroom? No. But, they look clean so I wouldn't be embarrassed for company to see the insides.

• HU-574655207
    2 years ago

I'm getting close to purchasing my CSO (the new construction is taking forever). I have my heart set and already put in the water line and drain for the plumbed unit, but now I'm concerned about excess fats/grease entering my septic system. I thought about a grease trap but I really don't know where to put one and I hear they're REALLY nasty. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Can I use the plumbed water line with the condensate container or not use the container when I'm not cooking fatty items?

• alishaes
    2 years ago

I have the plumbed xxl Miele combi and always put the universal pan under anything messy/greasy. I would not want to risk clogging anything. You are going to love this oven. I use mine every day, amazing!

• Mary Readel
    2 years ago

Be sure that your cabinet person has the proper venting for this unit. My person did not read all the requirements, and then had to add some 'cut outs' in the cabinet, to vent the heat within the cabinet....be sure they know the requirements for proper venting.

• future_retiree
    2 years ago

Agree 100% with above comment. Getting an oven like this to work flawlessly is all about the specifications and requirements.

• Milan Vrbaski
    2 years ago

Hi guys, I ran out of Miele descaling tablets for my combi oven dgc6860, plus they are expensive, is there an alternative (citric acid, vinegar) that I can use safely?

• PRO
    Luke Hagenbach Real Estate
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Is anyone aware of an active Miele combi steam oven user group online? The oven can do so much, and yet I have found very little information online for how to use some of the more advanced features for certain dishes. There are a lot of YouTube videos for super basic functions like how to get to the reheat menu, or how to cook rice - and there is a Miele recipe book with obscure, fancy recipes, but what I was hoping to find was an active community online for users of this steam oven to share advanced cooking techniques.

For example, there are a lot of different fish types listed, but many of those fish are not very common in the United States, and some common fish are not listed. I have also found that using the default cooking for fillets that are not very thick (say, coho salmon vs center cut king salmon) can end up with overcooked fish. If I could find the exact settings for a particular fish found in the "Master Chef" auto program menu, I could then recreate my own setting to get it right. I just don't know what's doing in the Master Chef menu, and there's no database listed anywhere that I can find that lists all of the details of each auto program.

The above fish conundrum is just one simple example. Another example would be for reheating day-old pizza. My guess is that the default reheat function is probably not the best at reheating pizza, and is probably better for a plate of typical dinner food.

I wouldn't mind creating a subreddit for this combi oven if there is enough interest, but I'm happy to join an already active forum somewhere on online rather than trying to create one.

• TXGuy
    2 years ago

@Luke Hagenbach Real Estate I don't even have my steam oven yet, but have looked for such a group. I found r/CombiSteamOvenCooking, which is not super-active but has some good content. Edit to add: sadly, the majority of the recent content is focused on the Anova

Have you looked at the cookbooks from other manufacturers? I know the directions won't match up to the Miele perfectly, but Wolf, Gaggenau, Bosch, and Thermador all have cookbooks.

To address reheating pizza specifically -- Wolf recommends preheating to 355 and using Convection Steam mode for 3-5 minutes. I believe the Miele has an equivalent mode, so I suspect this would work well for you.

• PRO
    2 years ago

@TXGuy It sounds like your research has led you down a similar path. I was also initially happy to find an r/CombiSteamOvenCooking subreddit, only to quickly discover it was essentially a subreddit dedicated to countertop Anova combi oven enthusiasts. I'm guessing the subreddit started for the release of that device. Anova is a great marketer.

I have not yet looked at the cookbooks from other manufacturers because I was hoping to find a group of Miele owners that have explored the many pre-programmed auto cook settings that would be applicable only to the Miele. But that is a good idea to explore those when I'm ready to do even more manual stuff.

We are very happy with, and make heavy use of, the Menu Cooking feature in which you can cook up to 3 things in the same cooking session, and that feature works with the Master Chef preset functions very well. It makes a 3-course meal super easy and great, but sometimes with mixed results because we haven't gotten down some of the Master Chef programs yet.

I think some of the issues lie with language translations because some of the listed vegetables or fish are obscure relatives of vegetables that we have in the U.S., but the U.S. version is not listed. For example, Kohlrabi is listed, but not turnips; when you select "Carrots," you are presented with:

• Baby Carrots
    • Imperator Carrots
    • Chantenay Carrots

I was simply looking for a regular orange carrot you purchase in every U.S. produce section, and had to do some Googling to figure out which one was most applicable.

With fish, it's pretty neat that they have so many listed, but many are fish you will not see in too many fish markets (at least not here on the west coast), but several you would find are not listed. For example, we picked up some Barramundi to cook, and when we went to look for it we could not find it. I suppose it's kind of obscure, but we could also not find Grouper, Halibut, Mahi-Mahi, or Chilean Sea Bass, which are all at least kind of suggested as substitutes for that fish.

Some fish options that were available were Nile Perch and Pikeperch, but we were unsure if those were good substitutes, and if so, which one? Also, in the list are both "Salmon" and "Gourmet Salmon." What's gourmet salmon? If you want to cook Gourmet Salmon, you have 1 option for cut: "tenderloin" (is this fillet? center cut?), and you can pick 2cm or 3cm (even if your settings are set to imperial). If you pick Salmon, you have a bunch of options:

• Tenderloin
    • Salmon en Croute
    • Gourmet Salmon Fillets
    • Steak
    • Piece

It's not clear what those mean, so it's hard to know what to pick. It's further confusing because each of those cuts has different cooking methods available: Tenderloin presents to you the 2cm/3cm option, but Gourmet Salmon Fillets only gives you "bake". That's confusing because if you remember above there was a main fish category called Gourmet Salmon (which only presented "tenderloin" with 2cm/3cm as the option), but it is found again as a sub-category of Salmon called, "Gourmet Salmon Fillets" (only adding in the word "fillets"), which presents different cooking options altogether.

Sorry to go on and on - and if you are confused, you are not alone - but these are just some examples of how a lot of options and interesting language translations from French can end up leaving you a bit confused and not sure what to pick. I'm all for a lot of options, but they need to be unpacked and explained, and as far as I can tell Miele has not done that with any degree of detail. It would be great to be able to discuss these questions with other Miele combi steam oven owners and come up with some best practices. Heck, maybe even Miele would jump in and help clear some of this up for us because it would be helpful if their users could actually take advantage of some of these programs and sub-menus the engineers and chefs have come up with.

• nycbluedevil_gw
    2 years ago

So i got my DGC6600 last month and really like it. two questions. First, the masterchef mode doesn’t list chicken, just meat and fish—very odd. Am i missing something? Second, is there an alternative to using the Miele descaling tablets?

• TXGuy
    2 years ago

@nycbluedevil_gw I seem to remember that the Miele lists "chicken" under poultry or fowl...you may want to check for those options.

• TXGuy
    2 years ago

@Luke Hagenbach Real Estate I got notification that you posted to this thread and tagged me, but I don't see the new post (?). You may want to try re-posting.

• M
    2 years ago

Houzz is sometimes really broken. Give it a couple of days. Postings often show up with long delays ... and sometimes they don't.

Not aware of alternatives to the Miele descaling tablets, but we have soft water and only need them once or twice a year. When bought in bulk, they're not too prohibitively expensive.

As for recipes, after a while it becomes relatively intuitive. I rarely look up specific CSO recipes but just modify as needed.

Exceptions are for things like Kaiserschmarrn which benefit a lot from steam. And maybe for sous vide cooking where I always need to confirm the temperatures

• PRO
    2 years ago

@nycbluedevil_gw Read page 146 of your manual for descaling recommendations. They specifically say to only use their tablets because they have been calibrated specifically for their cycle. For such an expensive appliance - and one that's really expensive to get serviced - I wouldn't risk using something else.

For chicken options, go to Master Chef > Meat > Poultry, and then you'll see the options they provide there. To my points above, it's not exactly clear what these mean. There's Gourmet Chicken and Chicken Paprikash, and only "roast" as an option for cooking under either of those. I'm guessing these are whole chicken cooking routines and not chicken breast or other butchered cuts - but I'm just guessing.

• PRO
    2 years ago

@TXGuy Not sure what to tell you, it's a long comment 6 comments above this one, as I see it.

@M I understand that manual cooking allows you to do anything to your heart's content, and customize and create your own adjusted recipes rather than having to work with their program. My novel above was specifically addressing the plethora of Master Chef menu cooking options, which they have gone to great lengths to create and promote fairly heavily, and to many is a big selling feature for their combi steam oven over alternatives that are considerably less expensive.

Regarding your own recipes, where do you get them? Are you just going through a series of experiments and coming up with programs? This is another area I would like to see in a Miele combi steam oven forum: a place for owners to share recipes with each other.

• Milan Vrbaski
    2 years ago

@luke Find the masterchef programs in the user manual - there you will see the exact steps and settings for each program

• dredfunk
    2 years ago

One of the best sites for CSO cooking is:
    https://steamandbake.com
    The author has a number of cookbooks and a running series of recipes that she updates regularly. The MasterChef programs are a bit of a disappointment and I rarely use them. They are geared for the European market. I had reached out to the chef at Miele US, who confirmed that there was no corresponding cookbook for the US, but that was 3 years ago and may have changed since.

• kitchengirl
    2 years ago

dredfunk, Thanks for mentioning steamandbake.com: I'm on her blog feed and it was on my list for today to post her url here. I believe her recipes are a little different than mainstream in the U.S. as she is Aussie. Some of the baked items seem English in taste. But it is an excellent resource for CSO usage/technique.

• dredfunk
    2 years ago

I agree. She’s the most consistent and reliable source of approachable CSO recipes that I’d found. If someone has the interest/ability/time to start a new Miele CSO recipe thread, the current 400+ one is becoming a bit long in the tooth.

• TXGuy
    2 years ago

@Luke Hagenbach Real Estate Your very long post just appeared for me, although it says you posted it 16 hours ago...so weird. Anyways, that was very interesting reading, and I appreciate you taking the time to share all of that. It seems to affirm my thought that the Master Chef may not be that useful, and that I should stick with my plan to get the Gaggenau.

• PRO
    2 years ago

@Milan Vrbaski Can you point me to where that might be? I've read the entire manual, and the MasterChef section has the least amount of details of any section. Here's the manual to the 6700/6800 (I have the 6800), and the MasterChef section can be found on page 58.

There are more details for the various recommended cook times for each food item in the Steam Cooking section (starting on page 69). The MasterChef programs can be a combination of steam and/or baking/roasting, I believe, and is what the Menu Cooking seems to pull from when creating a multi food item cooking program.

@dredfunk I found the steamandbake blog just yesterday and have only perused the recipe section. I looked at a couple of recipes, but did not see much on the site regarding the Miele combi steam oven programs. Is there a section for that, or are you recommending the site as a general recipe site that caters to steam cooking? I agree that this thread is trying to achieve more than what a single thread can really take. I'll start a new thread now and update this comment with the link.

EDIT: here's the link to the new thread.

• M
    2 years ago

The Master Chef does indeed feel rather random and not all that useful. I use only a handful of its settings, because they're sometimes easier to enter than doing so by hand.

But what I do use a lot is the ability to store my own recipes. That seems a lot more useful once you have gotten over the initial learning curve of cooking with such a versatile oven.

Overall still extremely happy with all the features. It's a wonderful appliance and our family uses it daily, both for steam and no-steam options.

• nycbluedevil_gw
    2 years ago

does anyone have a chicken setting in master chef?

• PRO
    2 years ago

@nycbluedevil_gw I replied to you above on how to find the chicken settings. Look several comments up.

• PRO
    2 years ago

Here's the link to the new thread I created for Miele combination steam oven owners.

• Milan Vrbaski
    2 years ago

@luke Indeed, there is no masterchef section with all the recipes. But check out Roasting section, for example (page 119 in your manual), and you will find all the instructions for roasting, with all the stages described in full detail. And I believe these are the settings that are used in automatic programs as well. So when I can't find some particular automatic program I am looking for, I find something similar in the manual as a starting point and try to tweak it through several trials. Of course then you can memorize the winning combo in your user programmes and use it again. I almost never use the auto programs, but my wife uses them a lot, since she gets 'good enough' results and doesn't care about learning and perfecting cooking to the detail like I do. Sorry for the confusion with my previous comment, but I believed these were actually masterchef program specs, since most of the time I could find what I was looking for, so I assumed that what I can't find is due to some regional discrepancies between the manual and the product or something like that. Best regards, Milan

• PRO
    2 years ago

@Milan Vrbaski Thanks for clarifying. I have seen those sections, and I suspect you are probably correct that they are likely what is used in the master chef for certain defaults with certain preparations. There's just a lot of assuming going on by us as consumers, and it would be nice if we could begin to collect some empirical data on what each setting does under each program, and also what works best for what's not in there (see my previous comments and what I discuss in this thread.

That said, there's also the consideration of the MasterChef program options where it will ask what form factor you are cooking (e.g., sliced, quartered, whole) and what al dente preference you have, and so on. This is the stuff I'd like to unpack. Only MasterChef programs can be used with the Menu Cooking, and I find that feature irreplaceable and wonderful for our meal cooking preparation process.

• John Public
    2 years ago

Hey- former Miele tech here. I'm not going to address all of the questions above as most are recipe-related and not with foods I have generally cooked in the CSO. I will say that for the price of the tabs, though EXPENSIVE, if you set your CSO for the correct water hardness and do the maintenance when prompted, you reduce the risk of a service call ($$$). I have 2 of them and treat them with the respect they demand. Miele products want two things and two things only... they want to be used and they want to be maintained. If you let them sit for months and months and/or don't keep up with the occasional maintenance, you can almost guarantee a service call.

• PRO
    2 years ago

That's good advice, John. It would be helpful to know what the difference between medium and hard water are. Is there a particular associated total hardness number that puts you into one number or the other?

Also, do you know if it's necessary to have the auto rinse setting on for steam cooking if you don't get any food at the bottom? It's unclear to me when rinse is needed or not needed. We pretty much only do steam cooking and have the universal drip tray in, so it's rare to ever have anything except water at the bottom.

I figure I should not over rinse if I want to keep my descaling down. I'm guessing that setting is based on total run time or cycles, and a rinse might count as a cycle.

• Kim G
    2 years ago

@Luke You can turn off the auto rinse at the end of a steam cycle. It is in the settings menu. I did that early on as it would run while eating dinner and most of the time the oven needed to cool down before starting the rinse so you have to open the door and let the fan run full blast. I found that annoying. I do rinse after using a steam cycle. If I use it more than once - such as baking loaves of bread one after another - I rinse after both are complete. If I use it more than once for other items - I typically rinse at the end of the day. You do want to rinse as it flushes out your water lines/drain lines/pump etc. As John recommends - take care of your oven. I woud not worry about the descale frequency. I descale at least once a quarter whether needed or not as I have hard water and did have to replace the drain pump under warranty. It was full of deposits even though I descaled when prompted. The descale is based on number of cycles tied to your water hardness setting. Compared to the cost of a repair and and cost of the oven - the cost to descale is minimal.

• kitchengirl
    2 years ago

Luke, your municipality can tell you the water hardness #, or you can purchase a test kit inexpensively if you have a well or local source.

• HU-778459063
    2 years ago

After installation of the steam oven I found 2 plastic pieces about 18’ long that have adhesive tape on the sides “left over”. They look like they may be used as feet although the adhesive area is on the side so maybe not. Any thoughts on what they are for?

• PRO
    2 years ago

@kitchengirl I was asking if it was known what Miele uses to qualify "medium" vs "hard" water. We can't select the appropriate category of we don't know which setting is associated with which TDS number. 

I have access to my municipality's water chart. Even though it's fairly unhelpful because it gives ranges rather than average numbers, so seeing "75-250" TDS is almost too large to be of use. There's a big difference between 75 and 250.

• M
    2 years ago

75-250 is indeed a pretty large range. But not too unusual to do that. According to https://www.ysi.com/water-hardness that would be somewhere between soft and slightly hard (no particular endorsement; this was just the first site that I found online).

I don't think you'd go horribly wrong by telling your oven to treat this as "medium". Worst case, it prompts you to descale the unit more frequently than strictly necessary. That'll waste a little money on supplies. But if in doubt, that's better than wasting money on repairs.

I recommend you buy the descaling tabs in bulk. They regularly show up on Amazon and other online services. And they definitely get cheaper if you buy a bigger package. You'll need two per descale cycle. I usually need to do so every six to nine months. But that might not be the same for you. We use the steam oven very frequently, but we have very soft water.

Also, you absolutely want to make sure you have tabs on hand, when the unit needs it. You don't want to find yourself in a situation where you can't use the oven for a few days while waiting for supplies.

• Lynne
    last year

I noticed tonight that my plumbed steam oven isn't draining. I cooked something Sous Vide and water is pooled at the bottom. I'm wondering if grease got into the drain from a prior cooking cycle. Any suggestions about how to unclog it?

• dredfunk
    last year

A pipe cleaner might be of help, if there is food obstructing the drain. Though when this happened previously to my unit, the pump had to be replaced.

• Kim G
    last year
    last modified: last year

Mine does this occasionaly after a rinse cycle. I found if I start another rinse cycle the first thing it does is pump excess water (not sure from where) into my resevoir. Mine is not plumbed so I can see how much water is pumped out. This also drains excess water in the floor of my oven. After the pump runs - I cancel the cycle. If yours is still under warranty I would certainly take pics and schedule a service call. If the drain pump does not run then you certainly may need service.

• Lynne
    5 months ago

OMG. I just ran a descaling cycle in my plumbed oven and the oven FILLED with water ... like I opened the door and saw a wall of water (let's say 6" deep?). It was like a waterfall. Has anyone ever experienced this? The cycle claimed to run normally. The screen said "program finished." When I tried to turn on the over after cleaning out the water and my kitchen floor, it prompted me to run another descaling cycle saying it hadn't completed. Needless to say I'm not going to do that. Has anyone experienced this??

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz