Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

A speed oven or separate oven and microwave?

julieste
9 years ago

I am confused and hope some of you can explain some things to me about speed ovens.

We currently have one of those large, all-in-one, built-in units with the microwave on top and the wall oven on the bottom. We want to replace it and have decided against buying the one huge unit again, so we'll have a cabinet maker alter the current cabinet. We also have a 30" Wolf AG range with a very nice convection oven.

Our choices as I see it are to buy two new appliances--a new microwave that can sit on a shelf in the reconfigured cabinet and build in a wall oven. Or, we can just get one appliance--the speed oven type thing--and repurpose what would be the unused part of that built-in cabinet for other things.

There are just the two of us at home now so we don't need all of these appliances all of the time, but we have all the large family gatherings and celebrations at our house. That is basically the only time I have both ovens going at once. And, of course, that is typically when we want to pop something in the microwave to reheat.

We tend to use our wall oven more in the summer when we prefer not to heat up the kitchen so much with the gas Wolf oven.

We use the microwave primarily to reheat things or to quickly heat some water.

I don't know if I understand enough about the speed oven concept to know if it is something I should be considering or if I should just stick with the two separate appliances. Any advice is appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County