Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasperdog_gw

Smeg appliances

jasperdog
11 years ago

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with Smeg appliances? I see they recently came out with a speed oven. Where do these applicances fall on the quality and reliability scale?

Comments (3)

• kashmi
    11 years ago

I've been hesitant to post because we do not own any Smeg appliances. But since you aren't getting any responses, let me offer this.

This brand is pretty common in Europe, so you might seek out reviews from European appliance review sites.

Additionally I can offer these experiences. Over the years, we've spent lots of vacation time in London. We've tended to rent a flat rather than stay in a hotel. Quite often the appliances were the Smeg brand. They all worked just fine.

• jasperdog
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the reply. We saw these at a store recently while looking for a matching single wall oven and speed oven. Since the number of speed ovens is limited, it's nice to have another player on the field. One thing I did hear is that the oven uses lower amps since a lot of times they're going into apartments or older homes with limited electric service and therefore they take longer to preheat.

• scrappy25
    11 years ago

BTT for any updates? Smeg has a 24" oven good for undercounter installation, $1600.