Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acgummad

Refrigerator analysis paralysis! Help!

acgummad
10 years ago

OK, so here goes my battle.

We have designed a rustic Spanish kitchen inside our Spanish colonial house, complete with dark cabinetry, open shelving, copper sinks, all furniture style, with no shard of stainless steel. Anywhere.

My husband is in love with a 42" integrated panel-covered fridge. There are about three brands available and the prices start at $8500, plus our estimate of nearly $2K to panel it. Plus tax and installation, we will have a fridge that cost more than some people's cars. It just seems ludicrous to me. I can hear my mother saying 'just because you have it, doesn't mean you should spend it!!'

Meanwhile, my alternative is a cabinet-depth refridgerator, that I believe would look silly paneled, in which case I'd wind up with a sticky-outty stainless steel fridge - a modern-looking beast of an appliance in my rustic, furniture style Spanish kitchen.

I am in a pickle with this one!

About the only benefit I can come up with, with having an integrated, paneled fridge is that it offers true beauty in design. Functionally, it will never perform any differently than my alternative. I am feeling sick over the thought of spending $11K on a fridge that offers me nothing more than design and aesthetic benefits.

What should I do!!!

Any considerations you all can think of that may help inform my thinking on this subject is much appreciated.

Comments (4)