Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Range and range hood

Posted by prads (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 23:06

Hello everyone

We are in the process of buying a new home and have to remodel the kitchen.
I am looking to get a 5 burner freestanding gas range and a range hood, former in the range of 600-1200$ and latter in range of 400-700$.

So far I've checked out GE ranges and have liked the ones with the griddle in between but not a fan of the oval burner as I don't have any utensils of that size so it would be a waste if I don't use the griddle.

There are other others like samsung, frigidaire and kenmore in the range am considering.

For range hood, we need a good cfm hood with the lowest noise possible.
Costco has Ancona range chef(900 CFM) and Ancona tornado II(600 CFM). The gas range might be total of 48 to 50K BTU's, so in that case a hood of 600 CFM might be sufficient, is that right?

Please suggest some good appliances and your experiences.

Thanks much in advance!

Please let me know asap.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here