Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fridgedaire Affinty washer died. Yeah!!!

Posted by ppbenn (My Page) on
Sat, May 18, 13 at 22:42

Ok I've hated this thing since we installed it seven years ago. It has never really done anything wrong. It doesn't even stink and I don't even leave the door open. It really didn't get clothes very clean. We have a farm and for really dirty clothes it was not up to task.
I guess I just used it too often! Which is why it's now not spinning out any thing. At first it was just touchy. Wanting smaller and smaller loads to do it's thing. Now no spinny at all.
What should I get? Now I need a front loader for the upstairs Laundry (I designed for counter on top- it's a new build) It will not get the real cruddy stuff just normal laundry. I don't need bells and whistles at all.
Since this will be for a second laundry I'd like to keep costs down.
Is it worth it to get fixed at this point?
Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fridgedaire Affinty washer died. Yeah!!!

There is a forum for which to discuss all things laundry. You may wish to post your query there.

o

This is about a washing machine. This is an appliance. If I have the wrong forum, my bad.
I am wondering if its worth it to fix or just buy a new one.

o

There is limited laundry talk here on Appliance Forum but there is a Laundry Forum.

Since Miele and Bosch discontinued their full size washers there are no great full size washer options. Especially in the Frigidaire price point.

But if your are yeahing the failure of your washer I would get a new one.

It seems GE has successfully benchmarked the currently available front load washers to make their first made in the USA front load washers, the GE RightHeight washers and dryers. I would check those out but if you are against buying first generation appliances then I would look at a Samsungs with on-board water heater.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here