Hi Folks,

I'm looking at this wolf range hood:
http://www.subzero-wolf.com/oven/range-hood/stove-hoods

Things I like about it:
I really like the shape
Baffles instead of a mesh filter
Infinite control on the fan speed
External fan compatible

But I'd like to know if this is a good hood, or if anyone would recommend a hood in a similar price range (I'd like to max out at $4k all in).

Here is a link that might be useful: Wolf Pro Island Hood

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf Range Hoods?

I have the 66-inch version of this hood going to a Wolf roof fan. At the time of my hood's fabrication, Wolf had them built by Independent, but it looks the same as far as the picture shows. Mine was significantly lower in cost than the link lists for my size when I ordered it at the end of 2007, but then a lot more Federal debt has been monetized since then.

I think it looks nice, operates effectively, is very rugged. The control will be compatible with appropriate Wolf roof fans, and likely others. (It uses a triac phase control like most variable controllers for modest sized motors.) I'm not sure what quality of good is in question, other than price.

Some other suppliers may be able to fabricate one that more or less looks like it for lower cost, but some time would be needed to define exactly how you wanted it to be constructed without violating any legal limitations that an exact copy might be subject to.

kas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here