Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thermador 36" Induction Cooktop Installation

Posted by krishoel001 (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 22:32

I have the Thermador 36" all glass induction cooktop (no stainless edge) in my new home under construction. I had expected the glass to sit flush to the granite countertop, but there is a foam gasket that is holding the glass about 1/4" above the granite, creating a perfect space for crumb catching. The installer has filled that gap with silicone -- a less than satisfactory look. The appliance showrooms showed this cooktop completely flush to the counter. The installation instructions also show the glass sitting directly on the counter, with clamps holding the cooktop in place. The cooktop arrived with a dense foam strip attached around the underside of the glass edge. This foam is too dense to be compressed by the clamps. One appliance showroom's installers say they always remove that foam strip so the glass sits flush to the counter. My installer claims that he always fills the gap with silicone. Anyone have this Thermadore 36" induction CIT365KBB cooktop installed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here