Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE monogram single oven

Posted by skittles8450 (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 12 at 22:30

I purchased a single ge monogram convection oven off of Craigslist for 200.00. It has never been turned on and is brand new inside. The people wanted gas when they bought their condo and it sat in storage for about 2 years. We installed it today and turned it on to try it out before we pushed it in the cabinet.. It smelled like burning rubber and had some smoke. Also took forever to preheat. Hoping this is because it's still not been used. Any helpers ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE monogram single oven

We have a ge monogram convection circa 2005. It does take ~10-15 mins to preheat but it works flawlessly. Don't remember the burning rubber but doesn't surprise me as it needs to burn off the new material.

o
RE: GE monogram single oven

Thanks for the reply. Hubby agrees that it needs to burn the new stuff off. I am just used to my other oven. It did not seem to take as long to preheat. Hoping mine works as well as yours, and since I only made frozen pizza that does not qualify :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here