Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olivertwistkitchen

Electric Range

olivertwistkitchen
11 years ago

Please help me figure out what electric range I want.

Here's sort of what I'm looking for:

-Not looking for a big 'ole fancy expensive appliance. Prefer to spend my money on other aspects of the kitchen.

-Do I want bigger? Seems like a 36" electric range is impossible to find, and I don't know if it's worth it to buy a separate cooktop and oven. What I want is to be able to cook on 2 big skillets on the 2 front burners, and right now I can't do that at the same time. My front burners are 1 big an 1 small, and the back burners are the opposite. So I can't put 2 big skillets in the front at the same time. I don't know if the solution is a wider stove, or just rearranging the burners.

-I don't want induction, because I really like cooking on my current electric range, and don't want to learn something new. Plus I just checked all of my Wolfgang Puck cookware with a magnet, and none is magnetic.

-Don't want to switch to gas. I've had electric my whole adult life, and I'm happy with it.

-I'm tiny and don't want a wall oven, so figured a range was the way to go, rather than a separate cooktop and oven. Plus it's cheaper, right?

-If possible, I don't want the range to poke up high in the back. Right now, it extends up about 10" and has the cooking knobs on it. I like it, but it won't work with what I have in mind in the new kitchen. I love the look I saw in a magazine with a little "nook" (an inset shelf) behind the stove on the wall. This wouldn't work if the range pokes up high.

-That being said, I do have kids, and would rather not have the knobs right in the front. I guess I could live with it, though.

-Is the Powerboil a good thing to have?

Thanks. This is my first post. Just looking for some guidance.

Comments (4)