Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Critique my appliance choices

Posted by scarletshouse (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 21:25

I'm replacing my white appliances with SS and going for solid midrange performers with a budget of about $6k for everything. I have to have a counter depth fridge and under cabinet installed hood. I have a small kitchen and the range needs to be as shallow as possible due to a drawer that hits the handle of the freestanding GE that's there now. What do you think, and can anyone recommend better alternatives?

Freestanding Range: Bosch all gas HGS7282UC

Side by Side Fridge: Kitchenaid KSC23C8EYY

Dishwasher: Bosch SHX7ER55UC

Hood: Zephyr Europa Pyramid 2PYE30A

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Critique my appliance choices

I got that hood about 10 years ago! It really looks great installed. They've probably changed the guts since then but if they haven't, it works fine and not too loud. Good light placement.

The spouse had some head bumping incidents but that's always going to be the case.

o

That's good to know, fori. The hood is the only one I've found that fits my style and price range, so it's nice to hear that you're happy with it.

o

We've had a Kitchenaid side by side for ten years ago with good refrigeration, freezing and no repairs except a self-induced roll over of freezer water line.

However, when if/when it goes, I'd prefer a top refrigerator, bottom freezer. combination. The side by size freezer is too small: doesn't fit a frozen pizza without angling. You are very limited on the door by size as to what you can place there. But you probably know all this.

The Zephyr Hoods are lovely in design and your selection is very nice. I've included a link to the Pyramid, as many of us have similar considerations.

Sounds like you know what you want. Have fun and enjoy your new appliances.

Here is a link that might be useful: Helpful link:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here