Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elyash

electrolux induction range- any self cleaning problems???

elyash
11 years ago

I am planning to purchase the electrolux slide in induction range. I have read posts stating that the electrolux wall ovens have problems when self cleaning is used. Does anyone know if the ranges have similar issues?

Comments (4)

• coco4444
    11 years ago

You never know! I've run mine x3 in the last 9 months with no issues (not sure if that's gross or not, but that's how we roll here!). All the advice I read was to run it before the warranty expired to ensure it didn't wreck the electronics.

• chac_mool
    11 years ago

Someone, perhaps it was weissman (I forget), had the clever idea to run some fans, boosting air movements from the range fans during its self-clean process. This should keep things cooler inside, and might lower the risk of frying electrical components.

• elyash
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone. I had the electrolux delivered today. Tomorrow its off to buy a starter set of Emeril pots and then fill in as needed.
    Chac__mool - sorry if this is a dumb question - but do you mean running external fans in front of the range or somehow activating the convection fans inside? As you can tell - I'm not technically savy (but at least I can cook).

• chac_mool
    11 years ago

Yeah, run some external fans. Be sure to notice, first, how the air moves when the range is cooling itself in normal use. You want to augment that air movement, not fight it, so you are moving more air more quickly.

Avidchef, you are very brave. Some of us are sitting around with dirty ovens because we are still afraid to clean them. It is wise to run the self-cleaning routine a few times before the warranty runs out.