Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
electrolux induction range- any self cleaning problems???

Posted by avidchef (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 12 at 20:59

I am planning to purchase the electrolux slide in induction range. I have read posts stating that the electrolux wall ovens have problems when self cleaning is used. Does anyone know if the ranges have similar issues?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: electrolux induction range- any self cleaning problems???

You never know! I've run mine x3 in the last 9 months with no issues (not sure if that's gross or not, but that's how we roll here!). All the advice I read was to run it before the warranty expired to ensure it didn't wreck the electronics.

o

Someone, perhaps it was weissman (I forget), had the clever idea to run some fans, boosting air movements from the range fans during its self-clean process. This should keep things cooler inside, and might lower the risk of frying electrical components.

o

Thanks everyone. I had the electrolux delivered today. Tomorrow its off to buy a starter set of Emeril pots and then fill in as needed.
Chac__mool - sorry if this is a dumb question - but do you mean running external fans in front of the range or somehow activating the convection fans inside? As you can tell - I'm not technically savy (but at least I can cook).

o

Yeah, run some external fans. Be sure to notice, first, how the air moves when the range is cooling itself in normal use. You want to augment that air movement, not fight it, so you are moving more air more quickly.

Avidchef, you are very brave. Some of us are sitting around with dirty ovens because we are still afraid to clean them. It is wise to run the self-cleaning routine a few times before the warranty runs out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here