Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gas ranges:frigidaire pro fpgf3081kf vs. bosch hgs5l53uc

Posted by pghgolfgirl (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 20:57

I am doing a kitchen remodel and I'm looking for a 30 inch gas range that looks professional (I like to cook but I'm not a gourmet) but is under $2000. I thought I was going to get a Frigidaire Pro (made by Electrolux) but it's not getting much love on this forum. Now I'm looking at the Bosch, even though it is freestanding.

Can anyone please give me their opinions and insights on these two ranges? The more I read, the more confused I am getting and I'm getting really stressed out. HELP!!! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gas ranges:frigidaire pro fpgf3081kf vs. bosch hgs5l53uc

A few months ago, I'd suggest the German-engineered (but not made) Bosch having looked at it after hearing it mentioned on cheftalk.com. Two chefs apparently liked it's new cooking features presumably after use, in spite of some of the controls being at the back of the oven). But I have read Bosch appliance-users laments too, so am as confused as you. Still, it packs a lot in for the price imo, and is very appealing to the eye.

An appliance business market report I recently read on high end appliances tainted my view of Swedish Electrolux some. The business profit motive through considerable markup was clearly stated for the Pro lines, sort of a 'if you build it, they will come'. I didn't appreciate that: appliances are not an investment and the consumer ought to get the most for their hard earned money. Every consumer, luxury end or not.

I think the US missed a window of opportunity in 2008 to ramp up 'fully made in America with American parts (by and large) and we stand by it with a good warranty'. Can't imagine American's wouldn't have flocked to those products if the QA was overseen by our big corps and big gov and honored warranty.

Here is some rebate information in case you didn't see it:

Frigidaire Professional FPGF3081KF
30' Freestanding Gas Range with 5 Sealed Burners, PowerPlus FullRange Burner, Center Oval Burner, 5.0 cu. ft. Oven Capacity, True Convection, SpaceWise Half Rack and Keep Warm Drawer
FPGF3081KF 05/01/12 - 05/31/12 $40.00 Cash Rebate

Bosch Evolution 500 DLX HGS5L53UC
30' Freestanding Gas Range with 5 Sealed Burners, Simmer Burner, 5.0 cu. ft. Convection Oven, Self-Clean, Hidden Bake Element and Storage Drawer
HGS5L53UC 05/01/12 - 05/31/12 $40.00 Cash Rebate
Download
01/01/12 - 07/05/12 $107.91 In Rebates

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is a helpful link:

o
RE: gas ranges:frigidaire pro fpgf3081kf vs. bosch hgs5l53uc

Sparkling Water: Thank you for your thoughtful post. I was aware of the Bosch rebate but not the Frigidaire Pro one. I never thought purchasing appliances would be so stressful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here