Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hamiltonres

Electric Burner Size vs. Warming Drawer

HamiltonRes
9 years ago

My husband and I are planning a full kitchen remodel and are hung up on appliances. Specifically, an electric range. I want: electric, slide-in, stainless, min. of 4 burners, a min of two "large" burners, and a warming drawer. I feel like this shouldn't be hard.

The one oven that I have found in my price range that has all of the above is a Jenn-Air (JES8850CAS). However, I cannot find any reviews! What little I have found about the brand is mixed. Sidenote, my husband wants to match all of our appliances.

The next option is a GE Profile (PS920SFSS). My husband loves the other GE Profile appliances. However, the elements are 12", 8" (2), and 6" (2). I measured a bunch of my pans tonight and the ones I use the most are 9" and greater. This model has a warming drawer.

The third option is a frigidaire (FGES3065KF) that has heating elements in the following diameter: 12, 9, 6, 6. It does not have a warming drawer.

I really wish the GE had a 9" burner instead of two 8". I can't tell if missing that one inch will make a difference when I am trying to cook using two large pans. However, do I really need a warming drawer?

Thoughts on the Jenn-air? Any owners out there? Is that one inch difference in heating element size a big deal when boiling water and cooking?