Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

Problem with white finish, particularly Bosch?

msl511
10 years ago

I have an order for a kitchen's worth of appliances with AJ Madison, but the order can be changed, which might turn out to be a good thing. I won't need most of our appliances until mid-summer, but our old MW died and AJM nicely agreed to deliver it early for no extra charge.

My white Bosch MW arrived today. My husband took it out of the box and put it on the counter. I gently removed the tape holding the door closed and a line of paint came with it. This will not do. This isn't a mark ON the paint, this is paint that was removed by the tape Bosch chose.

Obviously, this will be going back. I didn't pay that kind of money for something that looks old and beat up even before I've finished unpacking it. I'm not worried about returning this. I'll dispute the charge with Amex if I have to.

Here's the question. Do you think this is a fluke? My order includes a white Bosch double oven and a white KA dishwasher. (I currently have a black KA dishwasher that hasn't had any problems of this sort.) I'd really prefer white to stainless. Should I be rethinking Bosch? Rethinking white? I don't want to have the oven delivered and then find out some time later that I've got the same problem. I don't want a product whose finish scratches when you look at it hard. I haven't read a single complaint about this, so maybe it is a fluke, but now I'm worried.