Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Generation 6000 - New Miele Appliances

Posted by whirlpool_trainee (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 20:26

The English micro site is now online. Nice appliances with touch screen and all. Unfortunately, these went just on sale in Europe so, yeah, who knows when they'll be out in the US. Still... you can have a look here:

Alex

Here is a link that might be useful: http://designforlife.miele.co.uk/uk/en/introduction

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Generation 6000 - New Miele Appliances

Those look nice, but looks like there isn't a 6000 series dishwasher, so I guess the 5000 series will stay current for a while longer.

o

There'll be dishwashers and laundry appliances in the near future. These will launch (at the lasted) in September during the IFA in Berlin (German version of the CES).

Here is a link that might be useful: Re-writing laundry care

o

My guess is that if there are new dishwashers in the 6000 series, probably would just be the top-end models, like the Diamond, since the 6000's have touch screens.

I heard a few years ago that Miele was "developing" a free-standing or slide-in range for the US market, that would have an induction top and oven on the bottom...just like other US ranges...instead of having a separate cooktop and wall oven.

I asked a person at the local Miele showroom (that is Miele owned) and they said as far as they know, it's still in the works.
Has anyone heard any updates to that? So far, if I were to replace my current GE Profile radiant heat top, I'd probably go with the GE induction slide-in, but would consider a Miele if they made one.

o

I first heard about a range for the U.S. market 5-6 years ago.

When Miele leaked a microwave for the American market , it was 10 years before it hit the shelves here.

After a unit appears in Europe, it take about 2 years before it lands hear generally. UL listing take a while.

o

Is it just me or do the new refrigerators look alot like Liebherrs?

o

Nick -

in the EU market, Miele fridges have been predominately manufactured by Liebherr for decades.

Those units are not available in the USA though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here