Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the best range I can get with this setup?

Posted by littledonkey (My Page) on
Wed, May 7, 14 at 20:24

We are moving into a rental in Manhattan. Good news is I can provide my own appliances. Bad news is in the photo. The outlet and gas line (3/4") are about 9-11 inches from floor. I think outlet is 110v so dual fuel is likely out.

Assuming they don't let me hire someone to upgrade electrical and move gas pipe, what's the best range I can get? There was a frigidaire (I think) there before but I had been eyeing the Wolf dual fuel or Bluestar all gas before I saw the hole left after old tenant moved out. Are the pro ranges going to be a no go?

Please help! And thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the best range I can get with this setup?

Here's a wider shot if that's helpful. Pipe sits a few inches out from wall. Wall doesn't seem structural but no idea how receptive the mgmt company will be to any proposed structural changes.

Thanks again!

o

It's 30" if that's helpful.

o

You really would not be making structural changes to accommodate a Bluestar, but you would need to have the gas and electrical both moved to within 3" of the floor.
...or live with the range sticking out of the opening a few inches

o

Here's the pic rightside up.

Gary

o

Our gas pipe situation was similar to yours, so I installed a shorter nipple on the gas pipe to get the 90 degree bend snug to the wall. And when the gas valve is in the on position in line with the pipe the total distance the stove sits off the wall is only 1.5 inches, and we're willing to live with that small concession. Just screw on the gas flex line, plug in the electric cord, and shove it in until it stops. The range is zero clearance to the side cabinets with no heat issues.

o

Thanks tinyhomebuilder. So Bluestar didn't require your electric outlet to be no more than three inches from the floor? That's what the installation guide says but I wasn't sure that was a requirement or just a suggestion if you wanted it to sit up against the wall. Do you know if the Wolf AG would work in the same way?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here