Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Monogram 48' Range Review

Posted by toddao (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 20:06

We've been in our new home now for 8 months and I used this forum quite a bit to research our appliance selections. We ended up going with the GE range and since I couldn't find too many reviews I thought I'd go ahead and share my experience thus far. We purchased the range and GE hood because of the rebate that was available and in general I've been happy with both. The ovens are great, no complaints there. The only minor complaint is with the temperature knobs which move very easily (too easily). Early on in my experience I had both ovens going and inadvertently bumped one of the knobs and ended up moving the temp to 450 and burned what I was cooking. I've learned to be MUCH more careful, but I still think the knobs are too easy to move. The only complaint I have about the cooktop is that I think it probably takes longer than it should to boil water. This was actually something I also have subsequently seen on Consumer Reports for their review of the 36", and I would definitely agree. We've had no other problems though, and I would say that in general I'm pretty happy with the purchase. We also went with the Sub-Zero 48" Fridge which we love and the Kitchenaid KUDE70F which we also love and have had no problems with. Hope this is helpful.

-Todd

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Monogram 48' Range Review

Glad to hear you are happy with your ge monogram range. We have had our 36" GE Monogram cooktop for about the same time so i thought i would chime in with my experiences with my GE Monogram cooktop. It has a nice big burner that goes to 18000 BTUs and then down 140 for simmer (low simmer on all burners) which i really like. It makes a big difference to me to have the super high and low low. I've also found that i don't look at the knob setting anymore - i look at the flame and how it hits the pan to determine the setting. On the boiling, I would agree its not super fast. I think you have to go to induction to really speed that up. I've had no problems with clicking or flames going out (which i had alot with my old cooktop) and i really like the indicator on the knob (no problem with melting or hot knobs either).

I did call GE about one of my grates chipping/rusting and they sent a new one right out and i haven't had that happen again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here