Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjkidwiler

opinion needed on kitchen doorway

rjkidwiler
10 years ago

Hi - I have a split level house where the front door opens to the main level with living room off to the right, half stairway down to family room on left, half stairway up to bedrooms also on left just past those going down.
Just ahead of the front door and past those two stairways is the doorway to the kitchen. We are remodeling our kitchen and our refrigerator will be on the wall just past the entrance to the kitchen.
The question: how important is it that the wall hide the refrigerator handles? We have been planning to extend it so the handles can't be seen, but we can leave it the way it is or even shorten it if necessary, if door clearance is going to be a big issue. I'm starting to think it's really not necessary to worry about the refrigerator door being seen when you walk in the front door, but I'd really like someone else's opinion at this point.
In the picture I've attached, just picture (if you can) the front door a little ways just in front of the kitchen entrance shown here, with the two half stairways leading down and up to the other levels just past the front door but before this kitchen entrance.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts. I'm going to post this on decorating and kitchen forums too!

Comment (1)