Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
opinion needed on kitchen doorway

Posted by rjkidwiler (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 19:47

Hi - I have a split level house where the front door opens to the main level with living room off to the right, half stairway down to family room on left, half stairway up to bedrooms also on left just past those going down.
Just ahead of the front door and past those two stairways is the doorway to the kitchen. We are remodeling our kitchen and our refrigerator will be on the wall just past the entrance to the kitchen.
The question: how important is it that the wall hide the refrigerator handles? We have been planning to extend it so the handles can't be seen, but we can leave it the way it is or even shorten it if necessary, if door clearance is going to be a big issue. I'm starting to think it's really not necessary to worry about the refrigerator door being seen when you walk in the front door, but I'd really like someone else's opinion at this point.
In the picture I've attached, just picture (if you can) the front door a little ways just in front of the kitchen entrance shown here, with the two half stairways leading down and up to the other levels just past the front door but before this kitchen entrance.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts. I'm going to post this on decorating and kitchen forums too!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: opinion needed on kitchen doorway

I wouldn't worry about the handles being seen. Will the fridge doors be able to open all the way? That would concern me much more than whether someone who is not heading towards the kitchen, and we know nearly everyone will end up in the kitchen at some time, will see handles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here