Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rococogurl

When Recall Fix Fails What Happens?

rococogurl
9 years ago

Some may remember that Viking recalled many of their refrigerators due to a faulty door hinge. Mine was one and after a length wait, the company sent someone to replace the door hinges.

The other day I found half of a plastic ring from the fridge on the floor. I thought one of the crisper glides had broken.

But the glides on the crisper seem to be in place.

It appears that the top hinge is minus a bolt and plastic ring that are present on the bottom hinge.

So it is likely that nothing much is holding the top of my very heavy duty door on the fridge currently.

I had spoken to the parts department today -- thinking it was the crisper -- and immediately notified them of the issue by email. Tomorrow morning first light I will call their service department.

I cannot imagine there isn't a mirror image bolt and washer on the top hinge (photos below). Do any of you service pros know?

For my part, the fridge is 10 and I do expect repairs. But I don't expect a recalled, repaired door to essentially fail for the second time. So this should be on them, right?

Original recall

Here is how the bottom hinge looks:

Notice the absence of the bold and washer on the top:

Comments (7)