Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2littlefishies

BROKE-- Miele Glass Tray Speed Oven

2LittleFishies
9 years ago

We broke this washing it tonight from the H4080 model. They go for $150. Any way to get a deal somewhere??

Do they still use the glass tray on newer models?

Comments (25)

• dodge59
    9 years ago

They sell for about 41 pounds in the UK, but no deals here in the US.

The Miele part number appears to be 06203320, that replaced the old number which was MW-7600-11
    alto you should check your owners manual (To be sure) of correct part numbers.

In doing the search for you, I was amazed at all the very bad reviews I found on the Miele Speed ovens, ~~~Not nearly as "Rosy A Scenario" as we find in Garden Web.

Folks contemplating buying one, should certain get the model number and google that number + reviews.

Gary

• vdinli
    9 years ago

Fishies, sorry to hijack. Hope you find a cheaper tray somewhere. Dodge, I am interested in the reviews on the Miele speed oven but can't seem to find anything other than 'blurb' type blogs. Where they user reviews?
    Can you tell me what site it was? Thanks!

• homepro01
    9 years ago

I broke my glass tray a few months ago and Miele is the only place to replace it. I have the 4080 and love it. I have had no problems with it for the last 4yrs.
    Good luck!

• dodge59
    9 years ago

The reviews are on Amazon, AJMadison, Appliance buyers guide & US - Appliance.

http://www.amazon.com/Miele-Masterchef-H4082BMSS-Convection-Stainless/product-reviews/B002AH7MOI/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/H4086BMSS.html#BVRRWidgetID

http://appliancebuyersguide.com/review-miele-speed-oven-h4082bm/

http://www.us-appliance.com/h4086bm.html#ReviewHeader

http://www.amazon.com/Miele-H4086BM-Microwave-European-Convection/product-reviews/B005PDMHRQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The program here will only allow One, "Helpful Link", so you will have to copy and paste these to your browser, sorry about that, but if you are unable to do that, I will start a new thread, with posts for each link

I want to save the space here for folks that "Might" be able to help the poster find a deal on the tray, (I could not) find one.

Gary

• vdinli
    9 years ago

Thanks, Gary! I followed the links to the reviews. Hmm..now I have to reconsider my decision to get a Miele Chef oven. I guess I didn't see these reviews earlier as I was looking at a different model no. But, as the guts are likely to be the same, these problems could hold for the model I am keen on too.

• 2LittleFishies
    Original Author
    9 years ago

BTW, we have had ours for about 15 months and no problems⦠I think the glass tray is hard to take care of though. I wish it were made of something else as it is very easy to chip it in the sink, etc. Cleaning the inside of the oven is also difficult.

dodge-- we didn't find any deals either : /

• allegradesign
    9 years ago

I really want to buy two Miele speed ovens and use them as both my regular oven (double oven) and microwave. My sense is that the negative reviews are almost entirely about the microwave: people say it doesn't do popcorn or pizza well; too slow, etc. I'm really hoping that these are due to defective ovens or older models. Any of you with speed ovens: are you satisfied with the microwave? would you use this to replace a regular oven (we don't cook large roasts)? Grateful for any thoughts!

• PRO
    Mother and Son Interiors
    8 years ago

I have had this microwave convection oven for 7 years. I love it and use it everyday. Can't imagine a kitchen without one. I microwave, bake and broil in it; it heats quickly and cooks fast. Even the probe works great. Great for the kids to use too. My gas oven is pretty much used only for pizza and holiday cooking.

• larsi_gw
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

We had to replace the glass tray in our Miele SpeedOven a few years ago, as I broke it whilst scrubbing it in the sink. We have had our SpeedOven for over 7 years, and I LOVE, LOVE it. The microwave is perfect, the oven is perfect, broiler is perfect. It heats up much faster than our big, full size Miele oven, uses considerably less Watts/power and actually holds a lot. I cannot imagine our kitchen without it. Since the day we installed it...NOT a single issue ever!!!!

• divotdiva2
    8 years ago

why doesn't Miele replace this tray with a sturdier model? Seems a lot of people break it.

• Sa Blu
    8 years ago

My company has about 50 apartments with this model of Miele microwave/oven and for the most part, we have been pretty lucky with it but now about 5-6 years after they were installed, many of them are loosing their microwaving capabilities and we have gotten quotes over $700 USD to fix and it just isn't worth it so we are replacing with a different brand appliance just due to the fact that while Miele's are wonderful, they are too expensive to repair and their parts are quite expensive. We had about 5 trays break over the years - they must find something other than glass! - and to replace the tray is only $175 USD without tax/shipping/etc.

• Nigel Cooper
    6 years ago
    I bought a Miele H4080BM used. No glass tray! The micro function does not seem to work...is the reason becUse I dont have glass tray do you think?
  • homepro01
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Probably. It requires the glass tray to function.

• nycbluedevil_gw
    6 years ago

I have had the Miele speed oven for five years. I never take the metal rack out and use the oven for microwaving all the time.

• Nataliya Margolin
    5 years ago

Can you use a glass tray for roasting or baking without a wire rack? Can I just put food on it and use it as a regular tray to cook on?

• DrB477
    5 years ago

You can and I occasionally do, but it's not the easiest thing to clean so best off using something on top of it.

• User
    5 years ago

Niger, You can use the microwave without the glass tray. Since breaking ours a year ago (too expensive to replace only to risk breaking again) we have been using the oven with no problems.

• Nigel Cooper
    5 years ago

Are you suggesting that you simply put containers on bottom of oven wjen using micro?

• User
    5 years ago

Yes, I do put the baking dish right on the bottom of the oven, no glass tray or rack. We've had ours going on 12 years now. Glass has been broken for about 2-3 years. I am calling Miele Monday to see if there's a non-glass substitute but I don't expect there is. Too bad.

• Nigel Cooper
    5 years ago

Thanks...maybe the micro part of my oven is done...can‘t seem to get it to work....what kind of backing dish do you use? A ceramicnor glass dish?

• User
    5 years ago

or plate, or container, not just a baking dish

• Annie
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I love my Miele H4082 Speed oven. Also have the larger Miele H4882 oven. Use my speed oven several times a day. Warm-ups, bake, roast, broil anything I would do in the larger, plus micro and combi. And for much less energy use. HOwever, THIS is the SECOND glass tray I have cracked--closing the door, over looking that the tray was still out. SO MAD at myself! Have never chipped it washing. I'm very careful and just set it on the granite, scrub away and then rinse very carefully. Obviously, I have other areas where I just can't seem to be careful enough!! If something happened to my Speed oven, I would just get another. My daughter got one, in another brand, about 4 years ago. The Miele is so much better and I have optimum control of the temps that I can choose. Only negative is the GLASS tray!! Had for 8 1/2yr

• HU-644147074
    3 years ago

Where is the best place to get a deal on a new glass tray. And can you use the microwave oven with the metal rack still inside?

• aliris19
    3 years ago

Sorry to hear this! I have broken two :( They are very expensive. First replaced under warranty, second not. I got mine thourgh abt.com in Chgo. It's where I bought my machine. I don't know if they're any cheaper for parts but the machine was and they're very nice, fwiw.

I try to NEVER pull the tray out at all. It is just crazy-easy to forget and *crack*.