Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Griddle AND Char-broiler???

Posted by guitarslave1 (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 14 at 18:05

Looking at a 48" Blue Star w/ both a griddle and char-broiler...I rarely use 4 burners at one time and figured that the flexibility to user either the G/C-B would be nice to have.

Anyone with experience having both of these? Do you find yourself short of burner space? Doesn't necessarily need to be on a Blue Star. For those of you with Blue Star, how do you like either/both?

Kids are out of the house, just me and the wife. We enjoy entertaining but not for large nos.

Thanks,

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Griddle AND Char-broiler???

I think it's a great idea! I've had my 36RNB with griddle for 14 months now, kids gone also. If my kitchen were bigger, and I had room for a 48", I would either opt for griddle and grill, or a 24" griddle. In 40 years of cooking, I've never needed more than four burners at once, and anyway the griddle can be used as a french top for two more pans if needed.

o
RE: Griddle AND Char-broiler???

You should look at the platinum series. It has an interchangeable griddle and grill so you can have the best of both worlds. And on the plus side, the btu ratings on the platinum go to 25k. So that's plenty hot to grill with.

If you're only considering the RNB, my friend has a grill and feels that it doesn't get hot enough. On an RNB, the grill btu rating is only 15k. For a griddle, that's more than sufficient but you will not get great results on a grill with that btu rating.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here