Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with my Gas oven

Posted by CarolSummers (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 17:40

I am having a problem with my gas oven. I don't know how to works exactly but always the food turns brown from the bottom, when I bake and if I wait till it browns on the top, it burns the bottom. Anyways, most of the time the time is up when the bottom is done. I tried to make meatballs and they just browned on the bottom and no change on the top. Same thing happens when I toast bread. I am using the "bake" option. I always set the temperature & time as mentioned in the receipe online..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with my Gas oven

Is this a new oven or a new problem with an old oven? In a gas oven all the heat comes from the bottom. It will balance out a little more as it becomes preheated. I would first have it checked new or old to see if it is working correctly. If a new oven, and it is working correctly, you might try insulating the bottom of your dish by either an aluminum cookie sheet directly underneath or on the shelf below. You might also make sure your oven is totally preheated when you put your food in. I would avoid pyrex or any type of glass as this will hold the heat. It is always a good idea to get an independent oven thermometer and check the temp in different areas of the oven.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here