Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smallkitchen_gw

Pot-size Recognition in Induction Cooktops

smallkitchen
14 years ago

I had almost decided to buy Diva's 30-inch induction cooktop. Then I noticed that pot-size recognition is not listed among the features of the 30-inch model. Their 36-inch model has the "multi-crown" large burner that recognizes the size of the pot and adjusts the cooking field from 4" to 11". Bosch's induction cooktop has the pot-size recognition feature on all its burners. Miele's information is somewhat confusing: the website states that the model has "automatic cookware recognition" which is defined as (among other things) "The size of the pan is recognized, and heat is only generated where the pan is detected, saving energy and time". Says nothing about whether the cooking field adjusts to the size of the pot. The induction site lists pan-size recognition as a feature of the Miele model.

Diva or Miele were my first choices, but now I am thinking I would have to go with the Bosch as this seems to be an important feature. To the Diva or Miele users on this forum: how does your cooktop work if you place a smaller pot on the larger elements of your cooktop? Does the entire element heat up, or does it adjust to the size of the pot?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz