Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dsk1967

NJ-NY Appliance dealer

DSK1967
11 years ago

Hi,

We are looking for higher end appliances for a remodel .... what dealer would you recommend in the tri-state area, and why?

If you have any contacts we'd be happy to use you as a reference.

Thanks

Dave

Comments (10)

• clarygrace
    11 years ago

We used AJ Madison, they are located in Brooklyn. Solomon Lewis is the salesperson we used.

• alvmusick
    11 years ago

Another vote for AJ Madison. Check out their website, then visit their showroom in Brooklyn for even better prices. I worked with Shana Ciment.

• Peter Steinberg
    11 years ago

I also had a great experience with AJ Madison.

• zeebee
    11 years ago

I'll be the dissenting voice, as I had a bad experience with AJ Madison when I went in. The salesperson was very uninterested and, more importantly, uneducated about appliances. I was telling HER why the Capital she was showing me wasn't the Culinarian, when she insisted it was.

I'm working with David Sugarman at Gringer's who is knowledgeable and has given me some very fair prices. I've read online reviews very critical of Gringers, but it's not been my experience.

• sas95
    11 years ago

We had great luck with Village Appliance in Port Chester. They were the only place we went to in Westchester that offered any real assistance and their prices were the best we found, too.

• finestra
    11 years ago

If your are in N. Jersey, I used Top Line in Westfield - Wes Girnius was the salesperson. They are easy to deal with and have great prices and will match any price in writing. The best part is that they have a store in a NJ designated enterprise zone, so tax was only 3.5% if you drive there to buy it.

• elyash
    11 years ago

I recommend Barry's in Bridgewater NJ. Good prices and this family owned business services the appliances they sell. The sales people do not work on commission so they can truly help you evaluate the appliances. If you go, tell them I sent you. Anyone can help you there. They are all well trained. I can recommend Ryan and Jason.
    FYI they have an electrolux induction on display - a rare thing. They allowed me to test drive it by baking cookies. They will be setting up a capital that customers can also cook on.
    As an interior designer, I look for stores that service their customers. Barry's has its on fleet of service people and usually you will have service within three days. They prioritize - a customer without refrigeration would get service before someone with a broken dishwasher. Most often, I believe service is even quicker.

• daveliv
    11 years ago

In Manhattan I've used Stuart at Krups Kitchen and Bath for two kitchen renovations. They have all of the high end brands. They know how deliveries work in NY apt buildings, whether subzero refrigerators will fit in the service elevators and willingness to make multiple deliveries (we don't have garages to store stuff until needed).

• chef_dupre
    11 years ago

my vote, hands down, Leiberts Royal Green .. absolutely far and away the best customer service in any appliance retailer i've EVER dealt with (3 residential remodels in past 12 yrs).... i posted a review here some time back, but these guys are exceptional.

• toddimt
    11 years ago

I am in NJ and bought from Hampton Appliance in Garden City, NY. Best prices, free shipping, no tax