Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
do Bosch dishwashers have a drying element?

Posted by GoofyYno (My Page) on
Mon, May 30, 11 at 17:26

specifically the SHU9915UC.
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: do Bosch dishwashers have a drying element?

No, because none do.
But, they do use heat.

call Bosch to confirm.

... and whatever is a drying element anyway?
a heater, or
something that reduces the humidity level of the air?

They do manage to reduce humidity: they use condensation.

Perhaps ask another question.

o

My Bosch dishwasher leaves dishes as dry as any other -- if I wait a little while. It does not have a heating element in the bottom (to melt plastics) like older traditional dishwashers. No problems putting anything at all in the dishwasher, though. And it saves on energy, I think.

o

SearsPartsDirect.com lists three versions of SHU9915UC (06, 11, and 12). Having a look at 12, it shows a water heating component, but nothing that looks to be a drying heater.

o

Most European DW's (I'd say "all" but then someone would find an exception) have no heating coil. Miele, for one, is supposed to have one with a warm air blower. In my experience, these aren't very useful, though they might help in a cool house during Winter.

o

My Bosch dishwasher does not have a drying element, and I think the lack of one is why most of them are more energy-saving than other dishwashers. The dishes DO get dry, however, at least in mine, and I have been quite happy with it so far.

o

The Bosch water heater gets the water so hot during the final rinse that dishes are equally hot when the cycle ends. The side walls start cooling faster than the dishes and the moisture is attracted to the cooler surface of the walls. This is condensation drying and it works very well.
I have no issue with wet dishes in my Bosch and better yet I have no melted plastic dishes like you get with with those dishwashers with drying elements.

o

thanks

o

A little late, but found this. Pretty much repeats what jakvis said.

Here is a link that might be useful: How Bosch DW works

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here