Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rococogurl

Wolf-Asko Wedding

rococogurl
9 years ago

Here is the text of the announcement from Jim Bakke, Pres & CEO of SZ Group:

Sub-Zero Group, Inc. is the exclusive North American ASKO importer and distributor

I am happy to announce that Sub-Zero Group, Inc. just forged a long term business alliance with Gorenje Group, owner of the global ASKO brand of premium appliances. As of April 1, 2014, we are now the exclusive importer and distributor for residential cleaning appliances of ASKO dishwasher, laundry and dryer products in the US, Canada and Mexico.

ASKO products will be distributed by our well-established Sub-Zero and Wolf network of distributors and dealers. It will be supported by our best-in-class Customer Care team as well as the factory certified service, installation and parts distribution organization. This agreement will strengthen ASKOâÂÂs position in the premium segment, and yield much greater efficiency in servicing ASKO products and satisfying ASKO owners. With stateside warehousing capability, weâÂÂll be able to deliver parts to our service centers in a fraction of the time as was previously required.

"The addition of ASKO was a natural next step for Sub-Zero Group. For years, weâÂÂve been laying the groundwork to handle expansion opportunities. WeâÂÂre operationally strong and are prepared to deliver the same high-level of customer support for ASKO that has become one of our competitive advantages," said Steve Zimmerschied, corporate director, customer service for Sub-Zero Group, Inc.

Like Sub-Zero and Wolf, ASKO designs products that meet the most stringent demands of design, function, durability, and environmental awareness. Not only is ASKO complementary in a design and manufacturing sense, the company shares many values and commitments with Sub-Zero and Wolf. This transatlantic alliance makes good business and philosophical sense for both companies. For example, both Sub-Zero and ASKO:

were started over 60 years ago by entrepreneurs who valued quality, performance and design
build appliances with timeless design, lasting performance, and innovative features
build their products to the highest standards of quality to ensure top customer satisfaction
are committed to resource-saving design and manufacturing

The North American ASKO lineup will include a few new models, with select models offering Sub-Zero and Wolf matching handles and front panels. The ASKO dishwasher line will complement Sub-Zero GroupâÂÂs own dishwasher line currently in development.

I invite you to visit the newly launched ASKO North American website at askona.com

Comments (10)

• xedos
    9 years ago

Well, they've been dating forever.

guess this means SZ's proposed Kentucky dishwasher factory is stillborn.

• dodge59
    9 years ago

Hmmmmm, Imagine This~~~~~~~~

A "Sazzko Dishwasher"

Unsigned

• deeageaux
    9 years ago

"The ASKO dishwasher line will complement Sub-Zero GroupâÂÂs own dishwasher line currently in development."

• plllog
    9 years ago

It sounds like a smart idea. They can put together packages with Asko laundry, and also have the DWs to suit that purpose until they have their line functioning. It takes some pressure off of them, getting their own units to market. And they can aim for the high end customer, and use the mid-range models of Asko for those who will spend for an SZ fridge or Wolf range, but not so much a DW.

Considering that the much troubled Viking still seems to be outfitting high end developers, it really behooves SZ/W to be able to offer complete suites. That also helps them stop the encroachment of Miele in the same sector.

'Course, my mother absolutely loathes her Asko dishwasher... and the only complaint she had about SubZero was when the first one bit the dust after twenty years. The second one is going on thirty and seems to be doing fine. :)

• xedos
    9 years ago

"Sub-Zero GroupâÂÂs own dishwasher line currently in development."

Where did you see that ???
    Besides, that's been in , cough, development for what? - 6 years ???

I think they're DW dreams never materialized and ASKO has always floundered here, so it seems a good fit for both. SZ gets a great DW and a laundry offering for a complete "package" and ASKO get big time national distribution and marketing along with a service network.

• rococogurl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

xedos, I didn't "see" it anywhere. The post is the actual text of the email sent out by the SZ CEO. So it was he talking about DW in development. But it's not difficult to see why they'd align. Only issue I see is Asko quality control/parts etc. They would need to step it up.

This post was edited by rococogurl on Wed, May 21, 14 at 17:24

• xedos
    9 years ago

I didn't read that in their press release, or just missed it.

I do see that it had the desired effect or conveying "alignment" to the general public though.

FWIW - I heard from a birdie that the SZ DW manuf. plans had been shelved indefinitely.

• dodge59
    9 years ago

Hopefully that birdie was not the "Extinct Dough Dough Bird",~~~~~Dough as in Money, NOT Pastry!

Gary

• xedos
    9 years ago

of course it was Gary

You don't think SZ is um "aligning" with ASKO out of the goodness of their heart, do you ?

• rococogurl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Next, a Wolf/SZ "kitchen," easy to market & bundle.