Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstogarden57

Amazing deal on appliances at AJ Madison! r/o..

luvstogarden57
10 years ago

Right now there is a deal on AJ Madison on Living Social. For $250 you get $500. This is a great deal if you need any kitchen appliances, grills, sinks, etc.

Link:
www.livingsocial.com/deals/703244?ref=share-link-post&rpi=1192"; 39440&rui='4028803"

This post was edited by luvstogarden57 on Sun, May 26, 13 at 16:58

Comments (4)

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Please see the "conga line" thread in kitchens, referrals are being tracked to make sure as many people as possible get the three needed to get it free.

Did you link through someone from here?

• knot2fast
    10 years ago

I posted this in response to a similar post in the Laundry Forum. I'll repost it here:

I'll never buy from Living Social again.

They had a $20 local pizza coupon for $10. I signed up, gave them a credit card, and received by coupon. I couldn't get the coupon until the next day, but no problem. I got it.

Over the course of the next several months they sent me email daily with various deals and specials. They were beyond pathetic. None interested me. Eventually, I decided to close my account and end the emails.

I logged into my account and deleted my credit card info. I looked and looked and looked for an option to close my account. None.

I called their customer service and reached a very nice young woman. When I told her I wanted to close my account, SHE SAID I COULDN'T CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. She was very nice. She said I could change my name. I could change my email address to anything I wanted. I could delete my credit card info (already done), but I couldn't close the account.

Her reasoning was that I may want to open it again and I'd want my purchase history intact. No, I don't. Any she was polite but very firm. I could not close my account.

After much protesting, I eventually hung up and changed my name and email address on the account. It bothers me they wouldn't let me close it.

I assume they are promising prospective paying clients some huge number of accounts their deals will reach. I believe their numbers are fraudulent based on the inability of anyone who has ever opened an account to close it, even if the email is pointed to random junk and unused.

I will never sign up with businesses that practice that kind of shady behavior.

• miruca
    10 years ago

knot2fast - thank you for your post. I thnk I'll sit this one out - I may be overly cautious but I don't like paying $250 to a 3rd party to get to a $500 credit on the appliance vendor website. Also, I certainly don't want to get locked in as an account that can't be closed.

• homebuyer23
    10 years ago

Luvstogarden57...

Hi! Thanks again for purchasing your Living social voucher through my link. Could you please email me the email address you used to purchase it? The link was apparently messed up and I will not get the credit for your referral unless I tell them the email address of the person who purchased through my link.

I'd really appreciate it, my other 2 referrals sent me their info and I'm just waiting on yours. If you would really rather not give me your email address please just let me know so I can see if maybe I can get one more referral.

My email address is homebuyer23 @ hotmail (dot) com

Thanks! And good luck to you & everyone else to get more referrals!