Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
36" GE electric cooktop (not induction) over 30" KitchenAid oven?

Posted by olivertwist (My Page) on
Wed, May 15, 13 at 16:43

I want to install a GE 36" electric smoothtop cooktop (not induction) over a KitchenAid 30" electric wall oven.

Can I do this?
I don't see why I couldn't.
But the problem is, of course, that GE says they only approve doing this over a GE, and KitchenAid says they only know about KitchenAid.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 36" GE electric cooktop (not induction) over 30" KitchenAid o

You have to take the risk and figure out all the details. No manufacturer is going to tell you that you can do it. And if anything goes wrong with either, one of the risks is they tell you "incompatibility" caused the problem and the warranty is void.

o

But I can't even figure out what details I am supposed to check!

o

Hire a GC well versed in kitchen remodels. Because it will take cabinet knowledge as well as electrical knowledge to do this correctly. You start with the specs of each model you are interested in to see if their clearances are compatible. It's not that difficult, but it's no place for someone who's a novice to begin. Or, perhaps you are a candidate for a slide in range, not a cooktop and wall oven. There are plenty of 30" slide in ranges that won't pose many logistical problems at all. Then you can add a plug in countertop induction burner for those very few times that a 30" surface doesn't provide enough elements for all of your dishes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here