Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you remove the knobs on a Bertazzoni range?

Posted by melissa71 (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 12 at 16:30

Hi,
I just installed my Bertazzoni 30" Master Series range, and would like to adjust the burner in the oven. I can't figure out how to remove the knobs. I feel like such an idiot. They don't seem to want to come off. Is there a trick to it? I tried to follow what the instructions say, turn to low and remove knob, but they don't want to budge. If some one could please explain how to take them off, I'd really appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you remove the knobs on a Bertazzoni range?

Ok, it's official, I'm an idiot. I just figured it out. They do just pull out, but they're very tight because it's new. I was too worried about breaking it. I still can't quite see the choking screw, though. If any one has any advice for adjusting it, please let me know.

o

Why do you want to adjust the oven burner?

o

It seems to be hotter than what the knob is labeled. I have a thermometer inside the oven, but it would be nice if it was closer to the indicated temp on the knob. It seems to be running about 50 degrees hotter, if my thermometer is accurate. I had the knob set to 350 and the thermometer was reading 400.

o

My limited understanding of the Berta gas oven is that the oven burner works like a cooktop burner and the oven has a lowest temperature usually around 275f (flame should be on all the time, at least on most models).
It might be best to avoid any adjustments right now and set the control knob to the lowest setting that keeps the flame on continuously and determine if the temperature is in the normal 275 ballpark and carry on from there.
Check with Bertazzoni after that. There may be other ways to adjust for better results.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here