Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jirka09

Anyone buy a floor model range?

jirka09
11 years ago

I am finally in the market for a new range. A local dealer has floor models at a really tempting price. I've never bought a floor model before,is there anything I should be aware of? As far as I know, the warranty is the same, they are a bit dusty, maybe a minor scratch. Any thoughts/advice?

Comments (10)

• Vandit
    11 years ago

I Bought a floor model Wolf range. Being delivered tomorrow. It is a 60 inch dual fuel that lists for over $16300. I got it for $8500. Even threw in 2 sets of easy glide racks for free. It was in the showroom for a couple of years. The ovens were never used, but the French top has some scratches on it. Otherwise it is in perfect condition. Make sure you see it in person. It should come with the full warranty, usually. Mine will for sure. Usually the floor models are just used for cooking events inside the store, which is infrequently. Good luck!

• Vandit
    11 years ago

I Bought a floor model Wolf range. Being delivered tomorrow. It is a 60 inch dual fuel that lists for over $16300. I got it for $8500. Even threw in 2 sets of easy glide racks for free. It was in the showroom for a couple of years. The ovens were never used, but the French top has some scratches on it. Otherwise it is in perfect condition. Make sure you see it in person. It should come with the full warranty, usually. Mine will for sure. Usually the floor models are just used for cooking events inside the store, which is infrequently. Good luck!

• jirka09
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, enjoy your new range!

• breadandsuch
    11 years ago

I also bought a 60 inch DF Wolf. Because of Wolfs excellent service, they repaired everything that was not functioning on the stove, and there were many. They did not repair cosmetic damages, but I had thoroughly inspected the stove, and I knew that I could live with them. I would have no problem purchasing a floor model again, but make sure that it has a good warranty.

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

I bought a floor model Capital Precision, and so far am really, really happy with it. It has a few minor scratches visible only if the grates are removed, and was thoroughly inspected (it needed no repairs) before delivery. Upon delivery, the burners were adjusted and everything tested one more time in place. I saved a packet and therefore could afford this terrific range.

• doc8404
    11 years ago

I bought a floor model Capital Culinarian from an authorized dealer. It was perfect and had absolutely no visible imperfections that I could see.

Great price and free delivery!

• billy2004
    11 years ago

any dealers that sell floor models/bump dents online?

• jadeite
    11 years ago

Billy - check http://www.searsoutlet.com/

They sell floor models, some refurbished items, at greatly reduced prices. We bought our Elux wall oven through them at a great price. It was a floor model, never turned on. It has a full manufacturer's warranty, was delivered promptly and looks to be pristine. It is awaiting installation.

You have to keep checking the site because there is no notification when something shows up. The site will also show you if something is available at a local Sears store. We were watching for a Bosch induction cooktop, but found the Thermador I wanted elsewhere.

• billy2004
    11 years ago

thanks. I should have added was looking for bluestar and/or capital as options on that front. but I did find a refrigerator possibility at sears!

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

We bought a Samsung induction range floor model from hhgregg. They also have an "outlet" room. The only thing it did not come with was a broiler pan. If you are missing a manual as is sometimes the case with floor models, you can usually download them.