Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Slate Finish with white cabinets

Posted by lou327 (My Page) on
Fri, May 16, 14 at 15:09

I'm considering slate finish appliances would like to see photos of slate finish appliances with white or creamy white cabinets. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Slate Finish with white cabinets

If you haven't posted this question in the kitchens forum, you might get more responses over there.

o
RE: GE Slate Finish with white cabinets

Don't be so quick to adopt slate. I doubt that it will be supported for more than a few years, so if you need replacements a few years down the road, you're going to be left picking something that doesn't match. With the average lifespan of refrigerators being 7-10 years, you'll probably have to go stainless to get even a close match. You might as well start with stainless in the first place

Despite many predictions of it being "out", the appliance stores continue to display mostly stainless, because they sell mostly stainless. 85% of consumer grade appliances sold are stainless. That doesn't include apartment grade, or pro grade appliances. The former is almost uniformly white, and the latter is almost uniformly paneled where possible, and stainless where not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here