Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for 1.5 (one and a half) Wall Oven in the US?

Posted by kris680 (My Page) on
Sat, May 15, 10 at 14:40

Does anyone know if you can buy a 1.5 wall oven configuration in the US? I want to replace a single wall oven and microwave combo with 1 large and 1 small oven. I want to avoid going with the standard 2 large ovens and I don't want a microwave. Frequently I'm cooking something where I really only need 1/2 size oven so I'd love to find a 1.5 wall option. They're quite popular in Europe and New Zealand but definitely hard to find in the US. Here's a link to show you what I mean:

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/kitchen-laundry-appliances/ovens-cooktops/wall-ovens/fisher-paykel-ob60b77dex1-1-5-designer-stainless-steel-wall-oven/prod13545.html

Anyone install this 1.5 configuration in the US and if so, what brand? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for 1.5 (one and a half) Wall Oven in the US?

GE has just the oven for you, two ovens in the place of one

Here is a link that might be useful: GE Profile Single-Double Wall Oven

o

Thanks for the suggestion :) But, I'm looking for one normal/standard size oven AND one that's half-size (such as the one in the New Zealand link I listed). The two-in-one configuration means lose that one normal/standard oven. I'm really surprised there isn't more of a demand for these in the US.

o

Ah, another poor soul in search of the Holy Grail of wall ovens. I really wanted the same thing, but couldn't find it. I basically gave up & am getting a 24" Fagor as my 2nd, smaller oven. Great reviews on AJ Madison & can't beat the price.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fagor 24 inch Convection Oven

o

drjoann, thanks for the input! Do you have them stacked just like regular double ovens? If so, did you have to do anything special in terms of electrical set-up/venting given you're running two different systems?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here