Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kris680

Looking for 1.5 (one and a half) Wall Oven in the US?

kris680
13 years ago

Does anyone know if you can buy a 1.5 wall oven configuration in the US? I want to replace a single wall oven and microwave combo with 1 large and 1 small oven. I want to avoid going with the standard 2 large ovens and I don't want a microwave. Frequently I'm cooking something where I really only need 1/2 size oven so I'd love to find a 1.5 wall option. They're quite popular in Europe and New Zealand but definitely hard to find in the US. Here's a link to show you what I mean:

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/kitchen-laundry-appliances/ovens-cooktops/wall-ovens/fisher-paykel-ob60b77dex1-1-5-designer-stainless-steel-wall-oven/prod13545.html

Anyone install this 1.5 configuration in the US and if so, what brand? Thanks!

Comments (20)

• cookie08
    13 years ago

GE has just the oven for you, two ovens in the place of one

Here is a link that might be useful: GE Profile Single-Double Wall Oven

• drjoann
    13 years ago

Ah, another poor soul in search of the Holy Grail of wall ovens. I really wanted the same thing, but couldn't find it. I basically gave up & am getting a 24" Fagor as my 2nd, smaller oven. Great reviews on AJ Madison & can't beat the price.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fagor 24 inch Convection Oven

• kris680
    Original Author
    13 years ago

drjoann, thanks for the input! Do you have them stacked just like regular double ovens? If so, did you have to do anything special in terms of electrical set-up/venting given you're running two different systems?

• rshalf
    7 years ago

I'm with you. I am looking for a full size wall oven (for a turkey, say) and a half size oven to broil appetizers for a party. NOT a microwave/oven combo. You can get it as a range, but not as a wall oven. It boggles my mind! I think Thermadore has one now, but we had a bad experience with Thermadore doors and I am worried about going with them again.

• Carissa Neubert
    7 years ago

Did you ever find one? I had one in a house built in the 1950s and loved it, looking for the same now for a kitchen remodel and can't find it.

• rshalf
    6 years ago

I'm still looking too. Did anyone find a 1.5 full width oven?

• Carissa Neubert
    6 years ago

I wound up going with a 48 inch kitchenaid dual fuel range,

• Ann Howard
    5 years ago

@kris680, did you ever find a true oven and a half in the US? I am looking for the same thing.

• weedmeister
    5 years ago

You might think about an Advantium wall oven. I know it includes microwave functions, but it also has convection, top and bottom elements of a regular oven. The microwave does not have to be used. And it is lower in height and matches the other GE full-size ovens.

• golden2smith
    5 years ago

I am looking for the same thing and having no luck :(

• Lori Campbell
    3 years ago

Looking for the same thing! Two ovens in the space of one wall oven.

• jamarner
    2 years ago

I'm looking for the same thing also, if they make it in a range why don't they make a wall unit.

• awm03
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

My GE Twin Flex oven was installed today. I'll post some pictures tomorrow to give an idea about oven capacity. There's ample room for my largest covered roaster, which holds about a 20 lb. turkey. It was delivered about 2 1/2 weeks after ordering it, too.

GE Profile Twin Flex oven

• jamarner
    2 years ago

Great ☀️

• awm03
    2 years ago

Here is a 19 in. x 13 1/2 in. x 8 1/2 in. roaster that I use for 16-20 lb. turkeys. There's room to spare in the lower convection oven. I haven't cooked in the oven yet. It's still going through the burn in phase. But I must say it's extremely well insulated. I had the upper oven at 500 degrees, & the lower oven had no spill over heat. Heating the lower oven to 500 didn't leak heat into the upper oven either. I could wipe down one while the other was at very high heat. No heat on the side of the cabinet, & the doors were luke warm at best. The convection fan is quieter than my Miele dishwasher. It's certainly quieter than my rattle-y old KitchenAid convection oven. At least with the KitchenAid you knew when the oven was running! This one, I'll have to train my ears to listen for it.

• jamarner
    2 years ago

Good Morning ☀️

So is the top a normal electric oven and how do you like the convection oven?

• awm03
    2 years ago

Yes, the top is not convection, bottom is convection or traditional depending on selection. I won't cook in it until the burn in phase is over, burning off the assembly oils & bonding the insulation (or whatever it is.)

Update: The burn in phase went quickly -- the new oven smells are just about gone. So I made a chicken pot pie from scratch & used convection bake this afternoon. The pastry was beautiful: just the right amount of browning. Great to have a rolling rack too.

• PRO
    Jennifer Ross Levin Real Estate
    2 years ago

The GE Profile twin flex is my top contender. Café offers a twin flex as well but I'm not in love with the platinum glass finish it has which is unlike most of the Café brand style. I really don't think I'll be happy switching from a GE Profile range with the oven and a half to a full size wall oven/advantium microwave combo. I've watched all the youtube videos that glorify this 5 in 1 technology and it looks great but it's just not the same as an actual oven.

• awm03
    2 years ago

I saw that GE came out with the new Cafe Twin Flex just recently. I read the owner's manual. It's the exact same as the Profile model except for the platinum glass/different handles, the Precision Cooking mode (which I believe will be added to the Profile model eventually via software upgrade), & a higher price tag.

I like the Twin Flex very, very much. I'm spending too much time looking through cookbooks so I can play with my new oven :)