Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Karcher Pressure Washer

Posted by hrockwell (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 14:36

I have a Karcher electric pressure washer. The pump isn't shutting off when I release the trigger on the wand. Otherwise it works ok, good pressure, etc. Before I toss and replace, could it be something simple?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Karcher Pressure Washer

This is really a tool more than an appliance, you might get more and better answers in the Home Repair Forum than here. However, I will take a stab at it:

I have a gas pressure washer. It uses a pressure sensor on the output side of the pump to determine whether the wand handle is actuated. When I pull the handle, the pressure drops on the output side. This forces some kind of valve, likely a ball held in place by a spring, to stop bypassing the pump and allow pressure to build up on the outlet side again. You can hear the engine load up when the pump is engaged.

What I would look for is some kind of stuck or broken pressure sensor on your unit. If it has an adjustable output pressure knob, look at the mechanism that knob controls. Make sure it is clean, not broken, not corroded. You do not mention which model you own, but if you look that up, there are all kinds of exploded parts diagrams available through the Googlie thing.

You might also search around other forums on the web outside GW for people with the same symptoms your washer is exhibiting, but I am guessing it is something gunked up inside that just needs to be cleaned and serviced. Best of luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here