Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux Icon Slide-In Cooktop - thoughts?

Posted by Why_not_me (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 14:35

I was doing my initial tire-kicking thing for smooth glass cooktops yesterday. Started at the expensive shop (Miele and Thermador), then worked on from there, looking at imported and domestic brands.

Carried on with the research last night, and came across across the Electrolux Icon Slide-In Cooktop, E36EC75HSS.

It does everything I want, in the size I want, and I really liked the idea of the knobs along the front vs on top. Plus, 6 rings instead of 5!

I know there are glass cooktops with electronic touch-pad controls vs knobs, controls clustered at the front or at the right, 30" or 36", various sizes and locations for rings, induction or radiant, ss trim or clean edges, etc, etc, etc.

I'm open to suggestion for other smooth glass cooktops, but reallly, I'm particularly curious what others think about this particular cooktop? There's not much available on line - couple of negative comments at Madisons, and that's about it.

pdf with details here:

http://manuals.electroluxusa.com/prodinfo_pdf/Lassomption/E36EC75HSS_0411.pdf

Madison reviews here:

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/E36EC75HSS.html#BVRRWidgetID

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux Icon Slide-In Radiant Cooktop

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux Icon Slide-In Cooktop - thoughts?

I didn't know that anybody besides VIking.made radiant electric rangetops. And I sure never thought I'd see myself saying this, but the VIking 36" electric rangetop is about $700 less than the Electrolux at AJM. Might want to check that out, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here