Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
30" Fridge

Posted by potterstreet (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 14:28

Hi,

My fridge is in its death throes and I need to think about replacing it PDQ. I do have a basement fridge, thank heaven!

Anyway, we live in an old house and the space for the fridge will only allow a 30" maximum. I've got a few questions which perhaps one of you nice folks can answer. I want the most cubic feet I can get with the least freezer space. I freeze next to nothing except ice and as I said, I do have a good working fridge with freezer in the basement, almost directly below.

At any given time, in addition to lots of fresh food and veg, we like to have some beer and a few bottles of wine as well.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 30" Fridge

I want the most cubic feet I can get with the least freezer space.

That is a French Door or if you are willing to take a little less refrigerator space for a lot less money a top freezer.

addition to lots of fresh food and veg

Samsung RF221NCTASR is FD with two crispers and has the most refrigerator room for a fridge in the sub 30" class. Number one in reliability according to JD POWER

For a lot less money and a little less fridge room there is Made in the USA GE GTH20SBBSS. This design has changed little save for energy star rated compressor in the last 40 years. Should be reliable too.

o
RE: 30" Fridge

Thanks so much!

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here