Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ledmond

What on earth is up with my Electrolux oven(s)?

LE
9 years ago

Or am I just not meant to have one? I ordered this based on rave reviews here, got it delivered several weeks ago, then it came time to install it. GC got it out of the (undamaged) box, went to slide it into the cabinet, found it was racked (not square) and although the door looked OK, it was wonky in relation to the box of the oven itself. He packed it up and took it back, we called and had a new one ordered, GC picked it up.

This weekend, we were there when he unloaded it. Box looked fine, door looked fine. On closer inspection, the door itself did not fit on the oven properly. I don�t know exactly how to describe it, but the space that should have been parallel was a wedge on one side.

AND, at the base, where the oven sat on the pallet, there was a noticeable amount of very fine blue material. Yes, from the enamel, where it had gotten "crunched" at one of the connection points near the hinge of the door. GC said that was just like last time.

So we packed that one up to be returned, too. (Countertops go in next week and he wanted the oven to go in prior to that.) I�m sure they�ll keep shipping new ones to the warehouse and the next one will get unpacked on the loading dock for sure! But do you have any idea what the deal is with this? Could a whole container have been dropped? The oven has some foam around it, but rests on a wooden pallet in the box, so it doesn�t seem like it has much shock absorbent packaging, so it might not take a big drop to do this�certainly not enough to damage the box. It says it is made in Canada, but I don�t know where and I don�t know what kind of transport the thing has been through.

I just visualize going through this numerous more times before finding one that works. And this is a time and materials job, so not at all "free" to send my contractor there once a week to unpack a box� I paid 350.00 to have the houseful of appliances delivered, but this do-over loop is going to cost me more than that pretty soon!

Insights? Suggestions? Switch to different oven? Ask for appliance company to make special delivery and install it before I am satisfied? (House is 90 miles and a ferry ride away from their warehouse, so I bet they�d like to avoid that one!)

Comments (2)