Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about 36" Range installation

Posted by khallock (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 14:04

So I am buying a 36" Bluestar RNB. I already have the gas installed where the range will go. I know I need a certified natural gas installer to install the range.

What I'm wondering about is where to have the range placed when its delivered. I cant have them slide it into place, right? because the gas guy will need to get back there to hook up the range, right?

Do I have them put it right in front of the spot where the range will go? Or do I leave out an adjacent cabinet until after the range is installed?

I'll have an island in front of the range and a 42" aisle. Should we not install the island until the range is in place? The range will be able to be moved out if it ever needs too, I just dont want to risk having cabinets or floors scratched in the install process - Should we try to put felt pads on the legs to protect our hardwood floors?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about 36" Range installation

If it comes fully assembled, I I would have them put it in place. Assuming your gas line is in the right place with the right shutoff, all the installer will do will be to slide it out, then hook up a flex connector to the gas line, plug in the electrical cord, then slide it back and do the tuneup. Note that mine came in a box strapped to a pallet, so I had to put on the feet as well, so if it comes on a pallet, you probably won't be able to put it in place, but will have it placed nearby. Those plastic sliders they sell at hardware stores are great for going on the feet - they will protect the floors, and make it easier to slide out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here