Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chairthrower

BlueStar owners--lube your door!

chairthrower
11 years ago

I have a 3 year old BlueStar and I love it, and yes, the oven door was starting to get hard to open. I had never lubricated the hinges.

Well, I went and Googled "food safe high temperature grease" and I bought the first result, even though it's a pound of grease and cost close to $30 with shipping. I realized $30 for grease for a stove that costs well over 100 times that, and will last the life of the stove, is a worthwhile investment.

Just a smear on the hinges and operate the door a few times, and it was better than new. The door opens easily and completely, yet doesn't feel loose either. And I have enough grease I'm not going to feel bad about doing it every few months.

I don't know what the requirements are for the V1 and newer stoves, but if you have an older BlueStar, keeping the hinges lubricated is a cheap and simple thing to do. I know there have been stuck door problems on this forum, and I think I was heading toward that in a few months if I hadn't taken action.

So consider this a public service announcement. Lube your door. I don't care if you think you shouldn't, or that other manufacturers say you don't need to lube their doors. If you need to, just do it.

Here is a link that might be useful: High temperature food safe grease

Comments (7)